Job ID 30035945 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United
United States of America
CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis,
IN, 46231 USA
Technology Manager, Embedded Software Model Based
Carrier is a leading global provider of innovative HVAC,
refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation
technologies. Supported by the iconic Carrier name, the company's
portfolio includes industry-leading brands such as Carrier, Kidde,
Edwards, LenelS2, and Automated Logic. Carrier's businesses enable
modern life, delivering efficiency, safety, security, comfort,
productivity, and sustainability across a wide range of
residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
Our global Engineering team is advancing to maintain Carrier's
lead position in the market through investments in advanced
research, technologies, and methods that will shape the future of
our products and services. Today, Carrier needs your talent to
build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people
and our planet.
Carrier is seeking an embedded software expert who will lead the
research, development, and deployment of model-based development
(MBD) techniques for the design of software applications for
control systems. This role fits into a global initiative around
using model-based development methods that are intended to achieve
2X or more acceleration in product development, and further
increase our product quality.
As a technology manager for embedded software, you will lead the
teams involved in the application of Model-based design techniques,
both in the central engineering organization and in the product
design centers. The application of model-based design techniques
provides excellent opportunities for our design teams, but their
proper adoption requires the guidance of a discipline expert. The
company will rely on you to expand the application of model-based
design in the software development process, and to identify new MBD
techniques and tools that can increase the engineering
effectiveness. This role will give you the opportunity to apply
your know-how in a diversified set of products, keep your expertise
up-to-date, and make a difference in our product development
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Identify the business needs in the area of model-based design
techniques for the embedded software applications.
- Define technology roadmaps in the area of MBD techniques for
embedded software development. Execute deployment plan for product
- Identify and deploy advanced MBD techniques for the design of
software applications; establish a lifecycle management process for
- Support the business unit in defining complex software
application design problems; identify and propose new software
- Setup partnerships and collaborations with universities, tool
vendors, and relevant standard committees to align the evolution of
embedded software MBD technologies with the Carrier needs.
- Lead and expand a team in this discipline in the central
Experience / Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in embedded software development
and software lifecycle management, model-based design techniques
for embedded software applications.
- Experience in Simulink, Matlab, Rhapsody and key toolboxes,
code generation process and customization, code integration into
embedded platforms, model-based verification methods, FMI
- Excellent understanding of key technologies, such as cloud
infrastructure, relational and non-relational DB, RDF, ontology
(e.g., OWL), REST services and microservices, Java, C++
- Experience in Agile methodology for software development and
- Experience in continuous integration and configuration
management processes and technology.
- Good communication skills demonstrated thought leadership.
- A desire to innovate and the courage to be first.
- Master's degree or PhD in electrical engineering or computer
science, or substantially related field, with more than 10 years of
- Demonstrated history of success in multiple positions of
increasing scope and responsibility, with a significant duration of
experience and expertise spanning the full qualifications of this
Location: This role can be located in Indianapolis, IN OR
Syracuse, NY OR Charlotte, NC
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy