Associate Director of AMA
Company: National Collegiate Athletic Association
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Associate Director of Academic and Membership Affairs.
Provide exceptional service to the Association as primary member
of the academic and membership affairs. Duties will include, but
are not limited to, serving as a co-lead for the Division
legislation team, serving as a co-lead of the Division I bylaw team
responsible for drafting legislation, interpreting and handling
requests to waive amateurism, financial aid and awards and benefit
rules and supporting the Division I governance structure. Other
duties may be assigned based on the candidate's qualifications and
- Serve in a co-leadership role on the Division I legislation
team. This includes drafting and reviewing legislative proposals;
drafting and reviewing legislative publications (e.g., manuals,
official notices, etc.);updating and maintaining legislative
systems (e.g., LSDBi, online manuals, etc.); providing education
and legislative support to NCAA staff, governance committees and
the Division I membership; quality control and auditing; providing
regular updates to the director on team progress, including but not
limited to, workloads and team performance and escalating issues to
the director/managing director/vice president and, as appropriate,
other national office staff; consulting and providing support to
bylaw team members; collaborating with divisional legislative
staff; and performing other duties related to the management and
support of the Division I and its work, as assigned.
- Serve in a co-leadership role on the Division I bylaw team
responsible interpreting and handling requests to waive amateurism,
financial aid and awards and benefit rules. This includes
facilitating team meetings; overseeing interpretation and waiver
case processing, quality control and auditing; monitoring and
appropriately escalating issues to directors/managing director/vice
president and, as appropriate, other national office staff;
providing regular updates to the interpretations directors on team
progress, including but not limited to, staffing levels, workload,
team performance and business performance management; actively
engaging with interpretive analysis and historical perspective on
waivers during team meetings; consulting on interpretation and
wavier cases with bylaw team members; and performing other duties
related to the management and support of the bylaw team and its
work, as assigned.
- Assist the membership, staff and other interested individuals
and organizations in understanding NCAA Division I legislation and
interpretations through Requests/Self-Reports Online, conference
contact program, committee support, written correspondence and
- Process Division I legislative relief waivers submitted through
RSRO and assist member institutions in the waiver process.
- Assist with special projects that impact/involve Division I
academic and membership affairs and Division I governance, as
- Serve as a member of the academic and membership affairs
management team. Specific duties include: Supervising assigned
personnel (e.g., conducting regular one-on-ones, completing the
annual performance management process). Participating as an active
member of the associate directors' team.
- Represent the NCAA and academic and membership affairs through
participation as a presenter at various departmental, Association,
conference and professional organization's seminars, workshops and
meetings, as assigned.
- Serve on various groups and NCAA national office project
- Other duties may be assigned depending on the candidate
- Bachelor's degree essential, advanced/professional degree
- Five years of full-time professional experience (excluding
internship, graduate assistantship or clerkships) in
intercollegiate athletics and/or higher education
- Understanding of, and interest in, the governance structure and
process for Division I, required.
- Experience in NCAA interpretation and legislation
- Strong writing skills - Detailed and highly technical writing
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering clear and
effective communication verbally and in writing.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet
commitments aligned with organizational and unit goals.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with member institutions and other key
- High work capacity - Prioritizing and executing in a dynamic
and fast-paced environment. Handling significant volume of diverse
and complex issues.
- Optimizes work process - Knowing the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
- Good colleague - Work well in a diverse group of staff and
- Technology and education - Leveraging use of technology to
deliver excellent service and educating in ways that resonate with
a variety of participants in the regulatory world.
Keywords: National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis , Associate Director of AMA, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!