Assistant Controller - Nonprofit
Company: VonLehman CPA & Advisory Firm
Posted on: June 12, 2021
VonLehman is seeking an Assistant Controller with
experience in the nonprofit industry to join and support our
Client Accounting & Advisory Services (CAAS) team. This individual
will work primarily with nonprofit clients, and will partner
closely with our CAAS nonprofit Controller to meet and exceed
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation of Client financial statements in
compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to review clients accounting information to identify
and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Work closely with the CAAS Department Controllers to ensure
their clients accounting needs are met and relevant analysis is
- Review financial statements, daily operating reports, and
inform management of developing trends.
- Ability to take on ad hoc complex projects to assist in solving
client accounting issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining principles,
practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial
- Supervises the accounts receivable, accounts payable and
payroll specialist staff and is responsible for managing the team
on specified engagements to ensure work is properly allocated and
completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- The position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of
accounting activities, including general ledger preparation,
financial reporting, year-end client tax and audit projects, and
the support of budget and forecasting activities.
- Preparation of any needed management reporting packages.
- Client procedures manual ongoing monthly maintenance and
- Must be comfortable with client contact, as well as possibly
working with clients tax accountant and other professional service
- Provides CAAS team members with necessary leadership, training
and resources to get the job completed, and assists direct reports
in their own personal and professional development.
- Assists Senior Controller/Controller in communicating clear
performance expectations and standards to team members.
- Mentor and develop team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Outlooks,
- Experience working within the nonprofit industry / supporting
- Proven ability to research and solve complex accounting/finance
- Proven ability to be able to take ownership of a project with
very little management guidance.
- Experience using Quick Books Online (required) and Sage Intaact
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work
effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical background with strategic critical thinking
capabilities and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors in Accounting (required).
- Masters of Business Administration or CPA (required).
- Minimum 8 years experience in corporate accounting department
or public accounting firm (required).
For over 70 years, VonLehman has focused on making a
difference in our employees lives. At VonLehman, you will have the
opportunity to work closely with your peers and clients to develop
your leadership, technical and professional skills while working on
challenging and exciting engagements. You wont be pigeonholed into
one industry or service segment as we advise clients across a wide
array of industries including manufacturing and distribution,
construction and real estate, nonprofit, government, professional
services and healthcare.
We offer career progression and growth opportunities. We have a
fun, collaborative work environment that offers a smart casual
dress code and we take work/life balance seriously. Our leading
edge facility includes an on-site caf and advanced technology
systems and equipment. The success of VonLehman can be directly
attributed to the firms employees. We make substantial investments
in hiring, developing and retaining our employees. We have been
recognized for our community involvement and company culture,
including being named a Best Place to Work by the Cincinnati
Business Courier, a Top Workplace by The Cincinnati Enquirer, a Top
200 CPA Firm by Inside Public Accounting, and a Live United 100
company by United Way.
Keywords: VonLehman CPA & Advisory Firm, Indianapolis , Assistant Controller - Nonprofit, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!