Company: Heartland Food Products Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The EHS Specialist will provide support to the EHS Manager and
site leadership to assist in the development, review, revision, and
implementation of companywide occupational safety programs along
with applicable trainings within one or more plants and/or
departments. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for the
inspection and evaluation of the environment, equipment and
processes in working areas to ensure compliance with safety
regulations and industry standards, maintain a compliant injury
reporting and recording process as well as the generation of and
proper retention of all EHS related documentation. The main goal of
the EHS Specialist is to protect the employees, customers and the
environment while promoting a professional, collaborative and
safety culture-enhancing presence fostered by a 'Lead by Example'
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains environment, health and safety objectives, targets,
legal, management programs and control procedures to ensure
compliance with regulations.
- Reviews, implements and maintains required Environment and
Health and Safety policies and procedures by managing them to meet
- Fosters new ideas, suggests resources and solutions to improve
the safety program as well as reduce the environmental footprint of
- Documents and maintains all EHS records and
- Stays current with all regulated safety training.
- Actively participates in the design, development, and
delivery/administration of (or assistance of others in delivering,
as needed) EHS training (instructor-led and/or online) to all
existing and newly hired employees.
- Provides EHS technical expertise and guidance to employees,
committees and teams.
- Partners with employees to address EHS concerns.
- Is capable of facilitating and sponsoring employee led teams
that solve problems and lead the company toward world class
- Promotes a safe working environment by coordinating or
conducting plant inspections and reporting statistics.
- Actively participates in incident investigations, Root Cause
Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions
- Completion of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Job Safety
Observations (JSOs) as needed.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the LOTO
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the Working at
- Evaluates new projects or modifications to existing processes
for potential effects to the environment and workers' health and
safety through checklists.
- Arranges, records and maintains records of waste manifests and
hazardous waste transfers and coordinates transactions to ensure
that all are reconciled, and they are performed according to
- Assists in the resolution of requests for removal of
unauthorized vehicles from company property as well as overall
security monitoring duties including but not limited to badge
access and security cameras.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) preferably in Safety, Industrial
Engineering or related scientific field; plus 2-5 years of related
- Minimum of 2 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing
setting, preferably food, with emphasis in line driven safety and
process safety management
- OSHA 10/30 certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office;
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable with interactions
inclusive of all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates a very high sense of urgency; speed to market is
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, repetitive
motions, speaking and hearing
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time while
utilizing computers, telephones and other electronic media
- Must be able to work extended hours, such as daily overtime and
occasional weekends, as needed.
- Must possess documentation acuity
- Continuous walking throughout facilities and grounds
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Keywords: Heartland Food Products Group, Indianapolis , EH&S Specialist, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!