At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. Whether you
are a Hollywood studio developing the next blockbuster, a streaming
service fighting for subscribers, or a beverage brand seeking to
disrupt the grocery aisle, we provide data-driven research and
insights to help find and engage the fans that matter most.
Through the acquisition of Deductive, a leading provider of data
science services for media companies, MarketCast is bringing
together a unique combination of traditional qualitative and
quantitative market research with advanced data science and
analytics. As a member of this newly formed MarketCast Data Science
Services team, you will be working alongside the most gifted minds
in media analytics, helping them bring to market new audience
attribution and segmentation products to support leading Hollywood
studios, streaming services, lifestyle brands, and sports
We seek an experienced Decipher Survey Programmer to join our
growing team. The Decipher Programmer is responsible for
programming market research questionnaires with high quality and
accuracy. The programmer will contribute to improving overall
department efficiency by maintaining and creating new best
practices which may require ability and willingness to quickly
learn new software packages. This individual will work closely with
researchers, project managers, field operations, and data
- The position will work closely with research operations team
and key day-to-day activities include: programming, quality
assurance, data manipulation, and project
- Program easy-high complexity surveys utilizing the Decipher
- Organize and set up projects to be programmed according to
specifications and timelines.
- Communicate with project managers to finalize survey materials
(questionnaire, quota targets, visuals, change logs); provide
guidance on Decipher functionality and solutions.
- Provide custom project-specific data outputs as required by
researchers using Excel, SPSS or Decipher via custom layouts.
- Develop, test and implement new approaches and functions, both
project-specific and general, improving and streamlining existing
- Assist with process automation and improvement by developing
reusable and common tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalency required
- At least 2 years of Decipher experience in a similar role.
- Have experience with Decipher core languages: Python 2.7.X,
- Experience programming complex quotas using getQuotaCells is a
- Experience programming trackers and international surveys is a
- Experience using Decipher Shell/SSH Environment is a plus
- Experience with Logic Nodes/Dynamic Question Library/Decipher
API is a plus
- Market research experience (preferably experience with
entertainment or multimedia surveys)
- Have high attention to detail and high quality
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and integrity of
- Organized, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects
- Ingenuity and the willingness to learn new techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills, including an ability to "think
outside the box"
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - both verbal and
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some nights and
Benefit and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Freedom Leave
- Wellness plan and events
- And, more..
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds
communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy
and love, whether that's for superheroes, sports teams, or even
small batch whiskeys.
At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It's as
important for brands as it is for action heroes.
And, we do fandom research, data science and analytics better
than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the
world's top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform
followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the
surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we
develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden
meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
Reward the Hustle
We attract and cultivate talent who roll up their sleeves and
get things done, no matter the task, timeline or challenge. In
return, we recognize and reward their performance and commitment.
It's an approach that keeps our teams tight, hands-on, and
Trust is Everything
Our research and perspectives move markets, fuel creative
decisions and impact millions of fans daily. This kind of influence
requires trust and responsibility, something bestowed on us by our
clients. It is earned, honored, and never taken for granted.
Value the What and the How
It's not enough to be exceptional in your role if you can't play
well with the team. We honor great work by looking atwhatis
accomplished andhow we work together to achieve results. This
ensures great performance never comes at the cost of behavior that
can harm our culture.
Diversity will be Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data
scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse
audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people,
opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it,
support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture
and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider
qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent
with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need
that requires accommodation, please let us know.
CCPA NOTICE: In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy
Act, please note that we collect some or all of the below
categories of personal information from you as part of the
application process and use it for the purposes indicated. Category
of Personal Information: 1. Name, Contact Information (phone,
email, address) Purpose: To be able to contact you 2. Information
on work history and education Purpose: To be able to assess
qualifications for the role 3. Race/ethnicity information
(optional) Purpose: To comply with governmental reporting
obligations 4. Veteran and military Status (optional) Purpose: to
comply with governmental reporting obligations