At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren't car salesmen. Our promise
is simple: we won't sell a car to a customer that we wouldn't sell
to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate
condition, we've built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers
around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and
photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana
Certified 150-point inspection process, we're able to verify that
every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our
customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying
experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented
individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading
below to see what we're looking for!
About the team and position
As a Master Certified Technician you will have the opportunity
to work at one of our Inspection Centers that help recondition the
vehicles we sell to our customers. This role will be responsible
for ensuring our vehicles have been properly reconditioned and meet
Carvana's vehicle quality standards. As a Technician III, Build you
will be asked to perform extensive and heavy engine work as well as
advanced vehicle diagnostics. The qualifying candidate must love
helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer
satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic,
self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with
all levels of the organization.
The Master Certified Technician will report to the Line Lead,
Build, and will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform highly skilled and challenging vehicle maintenance
- Repair advanced vehicle electrical issues and perform heavy
vehicle engine work.
- Install, repair, and replace vehicle refrigerant and recovery
- Complete advanced diagnosis on both mechanical and electrical
- Perform electric and hybrid vehicle diagnostics and
- Assist in general automotive repairs such as radiators, timing
belts, and transmissions if needed or requested by management.
- Perform extensive brake and tire repair.
- Complete drivability repair for wheel bearings, alignment
issues, and axles.
- Maintains and coordinates the completion of ancillary goods or
services for vehicles as needed.
- Input vehicle data into computer systems and Carvana technology
applications to ensure vehicle information is up to date.
- Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized
work initiatives as assigned.
- Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for an extended period of
- Partner and provide clear communication with other team members
and departments involved in the vehicle reconditioning
- Maintain a clean and productive work environment by keeping
tools and supplies organized throughout the Build department.
- Work closely with the production Line Lead and Reconditioning
Manager to drive focus on quality amongst the rest of the vehicle
- Report any safety issues immediately to management.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior Automotive Technicians in
the Build department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours are Monday - Friday 6:00am to 2:45pm.
Hours of operation are subject to change based on business
needs. You may also be required to work overtime to support those
business needs and will be given as much advance notice as
What you need to know
This position is a Master-level Automotive Technician position
and requires a minimum of 5-7 years of Automotive Technician
experience with a desire to continue a career as a Technician in
the automotive industry. Requirements include:
- Minimum 5 years of Automotive Technician experience
- Master-level understanding of vehicle repair
- Ability to perform extensive vehicle engine repairs, brake
repair, and electrical issues
- Proficient in using a variety of specialty tools and
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools
- A quality first mentality that takes pride in upholding
Carvana's vehicle quality standards
- Strong, consistent attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills and navigating computer
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and peer-to-peer skills
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures
- Ability to analyze, identify problems, and make decisions
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production
environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather
- Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at
the Inspection Center
It would be great if you also had
- ASE Certifications
- Experience working for a high-end automotive facility or
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a team of employees
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
What we'll offer in return
- Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match
- ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere,
allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- A clean driving record with no more than two moving violations
or DUI's in the last three years
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of
lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent
stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling
in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may
have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not
limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, masks,
and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and computer data entry
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or