Guest Services Manager
Company: Wyndham Worldwide
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Dolce is now seeking a Guest Services Manager to join our team
at the Dolce The Alexander location in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the
operation of guest services, concierge and uniformed
services/transportation in an attentive, friendly, efficient and
courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior
to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and
Education & Experience
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Management experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable
Often Sometimes Rarely Lifting up to 50 pounds x Sitting x
Walking x Standing x Bending neck x Twisting neck x Bending waist
(forward or sideways) x Squatting (crouch or site on one's heels) x
Kneeling x Crawling x Reach above shoulder height x Reach below
should height x Driving x Stooping x Pushing x Pulling x Talking x
Hearing x Repetitive motions x
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates
and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me!
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will
vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the front desk or through reservations,
comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest
- Motivate and develop guest services associates according to
- Manage the interviewing process of candidates for guest
services positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance
with Wyndham standards.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house
daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly rooms meetings.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Work at front desk, concierge, and bell desk as
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, associates and other
- Work closely with accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned
checks, rejected credit cards, associate discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the guest services computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that
associates maintain Wyndham SOPs in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the front
desk in accordance with Wyndham SOPs.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules.
Understand hospitality terms.
- Preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with housekeeping
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the front
- Follow and enforce all Wyndham hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that associates are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Wyndham standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Focus the guest services department on their role in
contributing to the guest service and audit scores.
- Monitor all VIPs, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary
- Review daily guest services work and activity reports generated
by Night Audit.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham Rewards programs and offers.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together,
we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by
Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham,
Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by
Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe
in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Dolce The Alexander, 333 South Delaware Street,
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
- Bring your best every day
- Put our guests first
- Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
- Best-in-class training and career development
- Supportive and engaged team
- Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday
traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel
experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for
all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
Front Desk and Guest Services
Keywords: Wyndham Worldwide, Indianapolis , Guest Services Manager, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!