Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50
executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse
workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects
across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana
employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every
At the State of Indiana, we don't just talk about diversity and
inclusion - Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and
equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the
State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal
About the Indiana State Department of Health (IDOH):
The Indiana State Department of Health's mission is to promote
and provide essential public health services for a healthier and
This position traditionally starts at an annual salary of
$25,766. Salary for this position may be commensurate with
education and job experience.
About the Job:
This role serves as the Administative Assistant to the CSHCS
program and the CSHCS Director where a variety of administrative
functions is necessary and quality customer service, both within
the agency and outside of the agency, is required.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Provide direct administrative support to all CSHCS staff and
the division director and acts as a point of contact (POC) for the
Director in the Director's absence.
- Serves as the Team Lead for all admin staff.
- Answering calls and triaging to the appropriate program staff
or department using 'warm call' transfers.
- Retrieves voicemail messages daily from the general program
voicemail and email boxes and forward to appropriate staff or
- Responsible for mailing out prior authorizations and children's
- Sorting, stamping and distribution of all incoming mail.
- Distribution of incoming faxes to appopriate staff or
- Knowledge of all equipment and how to troubleshoot regarding
issues and whom to contact for repairs.
- Assigned as CSHCS Division Travel Liaison
- Assigned as CSHCS Division 5th Floor Liaison
- Ordering of all CSHCS Forms and supplies and keeping the supply
room neat & organized.
- Record Retention Coordinator for CSHCS.
- Serve as program HIPAA privacy back-up coordinator.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to interview and to perform the essential functions of this
What You'll Need for Success:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the CSHCS Division and how
the administrative support section plays an integral role in the
support of the division.s sections.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team player
and must have a working knowledge of the program in order to
transfer calls to the appropriate staff.
- Must have working knowledge of the office machines and be able
to use them as well as to troubleshoot problems and work with
appropriate outside staff when the machines are in need of
- Consistently provides positive and professional customer
service and usage of 'warm call transfers' when traiging
- Is expected to adhere to and apply HIPAA guidelines and
maintain confidentiality with regard to Children's records.
- Must have the ability to foster good working relationships
among staff and have good listening and communication skills.
- Is expected to be able to work well independently and apply
sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Must have the ability to communicate both orally and in
writing, and will be required to handle special projects as
requested by the CSHCS Division Director.
- Must be willing to learn new tasks as needed and complete any
training that is required or deemed as needed by the
- Must work well under pressure and be able to multi-task a
varety of duties.
- Must be flexible & cooperative in completing additional duties
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for
full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.