Cocktail Server (Temporary)
Company: Wyndham Worldwide
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Dolce is now seeking a Cocktail Server (Temporary) to join our
team at the Dolce The Alexander location in Indianapolis,
The Cocktail Server is expected to provide timely, courteous
service with guest satisfaction as the primary goal. He/she is
responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to
local state laws.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Complete opening/closing checklist according to standards.
- Welcome guests, take their drink orders relay order to
bartender, process order, deliver order to guest and receive
payment for order.
- Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink.
- Process credit card and room charges.
- Clear and clean tables when guests leave, return glasses to be
- Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
- Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report
for night audit.
- Perform all side work duties according to the schedule.
- Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
- Be familiar with the computer system.
- Help the bartender prepare drinks when needed.
- Assist bartender with hors d'oeuvres tables for cocktail hour
in set up and breakdown.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together,
we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by
Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham,
Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by
Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe
in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Dolce The Alexander, 333 South Delaware Street,
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Employment Status: Part-time
What we expect from you
- Bring your best every day
- Put our guests first
- Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
- Best-in-class training and career development
- Supportive and engaged team
- Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday
traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel
experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for
all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
Food and Beverage
Keywords: Wyndham Worldwide, Indianapolis , Cocktail Server (Temporary), Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!