Swimming Instructor (Personal Trainer - 610)
Company: Hancock Regional Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: The Personal Trainer is responsible for providing
users of the facility's personal training service with a
personalized fitness and healthy lifestyle program, which includes
assessment of their fitness needs and then prescribing and
exercise/lifestyle plan that will assist in achieving their
JOB SPECIFIC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Growth Mindset: Actively looking to grow their clientele and
provide evidence in support of growth.
- Professionalism: Maintain a high level of professionalism in
all aspects of their role and maintain a standard of emotional
intelligence. All interactions with fellow staff, clients, and
members should be of the highest respect and quality, professional
appearance will always be maintained, maintenance of certifications
and continual education requirements are expected.
- Teamwork: Ability to work as a member of a larger team and
actively refer to other trainers or exercise specialist, support
one another, and work together towards organizational goals.
- Entrepreneurship: Look for ways to innovate, drive engagement,
meet organizational goals, and have a measurable impact on our
success. Maintain a sense of ownership over the services provided,
independently run their own schedule, etc. all while ensuring all
other Hancock Health policies, rules and guidelines are abided
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates personalized exercise prescription based on health and
fitness assessments and guidelines established by ACSM and the
- Performs personal training sessions with members, achieving
monthly session targets, as established by the facility.
- Maintains records of current and former personal training
clients (including attendance, payment, workouts).
- Follows established procedures when equipment is found to be
malfunctioning in an effort to return it to operational status
within 24 hours, including posting appropriate status signage,
notifying the Fitness Manager or maintenance personnel, and
recording the problem in the equipment log binder.
- Remains knowledgeable and proficient in all facility rules,
regulations, and policies and enforces when applicable.
- Teaches educational classes and group exercise classes as
- Maintains current information on all center programs, services,
and activities, and promotes them regularly.
- Displays competency in the operation of the facility's computer
hardware and software systems.
- Responds to all emergency situations according to facility
policy and procedures.
- Greets members and guests by name and with a smile, and
delivers world-class customer service at all times.
- Refers clients to other facility and hospital services as
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Assumes other duties and projects as assigned.
Keywords: Hancock Regional Hospital, Indianapolis , Swimming Instructor (Personal Trainer - 610), Other , Greenfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!