Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a
not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of
reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution
member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than
300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently-and
that's the point. Because we aren't influenced by shareholders, we
make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value
things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a
business model that's designed for stability and growth. It's a
Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that's
great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company.
That's why we put employees first-your health, your family, and
your development. These aren't just slogans: We offer continuing
education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension
plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make
our company culture unique:
We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for
medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience
and extra vacation days for participating. We'll even throw in a
fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or
family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide
funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and
ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the
norm in our office and we make them look good!
We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune
of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive
credit for prior work experience.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Risk and Resource
Portfolio Division in development and execution of long-term and
short-term strategies for power supply. This position is
responsible for supporting the planning, development, negotiation,
and implementation of power supply for market based key accounts,
renewable energy programs, and implementation of new contracts.
Responsibilities will include the areas of trade strategy
development, native load support, transaction execution, energy
scheduling, and load management. The processes and procedures
surrounding this environment will be reviewed, developed, and
supported by this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with short-term power supply utilization and assists
the Risk and Resource Portfolio group with long-term resource
planning. Serves as an interface between Wabash Valley Power and
various power associations such as ACES, Midcontinent ISO and PJM
- Supports the management of the Renewable Energy Credit
portfolio, including researching REC markets & RPS rules and
regulations, facility registrations in renewable energy tracking
systems, state commissions, and various certification programs,
execution & negotiation of all REC transactions and corresponding
documentation, and reporting & audits for all systems and REC
- Supports the management of power supply needs for specific
industrial customers, including but not limited to executing all
market transactions of energy and capacity, implementation of new
contracts for the power supply business unit, and providing weekly
market knowledge on various pricing products.
- Develops relationships with REC and power supply providers that
support Wabash Valley Power's overall power supply portfolio
business model and growth.
- Analyzes portfolio activity including monitoring market
interface of Wabash Valley Power resources, reviewing power
invoices, and assessing cost requirements.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate registrations in organized
markets for the Wabash Valley Power resources and loads.
- Conducts special projects as assigned by Executive VP, Risk &
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, or similar field
- Ability to aggregate data in a way that enables insights and
Preferred Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in power supply
- Prior project management and REC experience preferred.
- At least 5-7 years in an energy related business
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on
- Spends 60% time developing and maintaining business contacts
within the organization.
- Spends 40% time developing and maintaining business contacts
outside of the organization.
- Spends 60% sitting; 20% standing; 20% walking in the course of
performing job responsibilities.
- This position occupies a general office environment. Exposure
to weather elements is unlikely.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO