Medical Records Specialist Home Health Full Time
Company: Kindred at Home
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of
something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of
comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care
services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to
patients in their homes or places of residence, including
non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation,
hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your
community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them
safely at home, during moments that matter most to
them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an
exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering
an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people
are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to
helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
The primary function of the Medical Records Specialist is to
provide clerical support for the Medical Records
- Prepare patient assessment packets, including admission,
re-certification and post hospital packets.
- Process signed and unsigned orders and 485s.
- Follow up on the Order Tracking Report weekly and according to
Order Reprocess unsigned orders at end of episode as task appears
on action screen.
- Date stamp all received documents, except SOC paperwork and
paper visit notes, to be scanned into the client Scanning should be
completed within 24 hours of stamp date.
- Fax the discharge / transfer summary / episode detail summary
and Case Conference / 60 Day summary to the physician as task
appears on the action screen.
- Copy documentation and assist with ADR preparation.
- Update HCHB and computer programs as appropriate.
- During Stage 4, support the Billing team by verifying paper
- Adhere to and participate in Agency’s mandatory HIPAA / Privacy
Program and Employee Compliance Program.
- Read and adhere to all Agency Policies and Procedures and
follow Employee Handbook Guidelines.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, typing, clerical
skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must possess a minimum of two years’ experience in the health
care industry and one year experience in home health.
- Six months medical records experience in a clinic, hospital, or
home health setting (preferred).
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home
health services and be able to problem solve effectively.
- Must possess knowledge of Medicare guidelines governing home
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to
communicate well with referral sources, patients, family members,
and agency employees.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess effective
communication skills both orally and in writing
- The ability to communicate with a diversity of individuals is
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our
Home Health team - Home
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters
are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Kindred at Home, Indianapolis , Medical Records Specialist Home Health Full Time, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!