Assistant Meat Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Assistant Meat Manager
Responsible for receiving the product and ensures that
aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean, and
delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is
REM-01 WS-01 WS-TC WS-LC
- Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop
relationships with large customers.
- Helping supervise all activities in the Meat Department including
product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
- Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and
adherence to both government and corporate ordinances. Must
maintain records as required.
- Supervising and working together with the Meat Supervisors (if
applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Meat Department is
operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Developing scheduling, monitoring performance, and recommends the
proper discipline as appropriate.
- Training employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
- Assisting with candidate interviews and recommends hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends
- Ensuring that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervising the receiving of all meat products and ensures that
the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintaining accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintaining refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervising the ordering of meat products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Making sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinating that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets,
and cleaning underneath.
- Ensuring that excess inventory not slotted on the floor is
stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or
stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Assuring that trash is removed from the floor and properly
- Making sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
- Maintaining that all signage is correct and that the flyer's
prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinating proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies,
proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises
and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performing additional duties, responsibilities, and projects as
Performs weekly self-audits of the Meat Department.
Shift start: 5:00AM or 7:00AM or 9:00AM
Shift length: 9 hours
Monday - Friday
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Bachelor’s Degree, OR High School Diploma OR GED with at least 4
years experience in customer service, OR any appropriate
combination of education and experience. Computer Literacy
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Indianapolis , Assistant Meat Manager, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!