Senior Lead Mechanical Engineer
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and
At Allegion, we help keep the people you
know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With
more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold
in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and
Allegion is looking for a highly motivated Senior Lead
Mechanical Engineer with Electromechanical Specialties capable of
working collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment. The
candidate will hold a strategic lead technical role in a
platforming team and be responsible to define and oversee the
design, development, and integration of new and improved
electromechanical solutions for commercial and residential
devices. This includes new product architectural and system
planning deliverables such as new component proposals and concepts,
technology adoption and component lifecycle roadmaps, business case
justification development, reference subsystem architecture
generation and design development, detailed design analysis, test
strategies and validation methods, stakeholder presentations and
other necessary engineering tasks. In this role key
responsibilities include translation of multiple products needs
into widely applicable reusable component strategies and authoring
their specifications, performing strategic long-term thinking on
how to best to meet product and technology roadmaps, providing
product and component engineering technical guidance and
mentorship, resolving issues related to the design development, and
conducting overall management of platform subsystems and components
lifecycles and integration.
This role predominantly deals with the integration of electronic
and mechanical solutions together in small smart commercial or
residential products. As such the successful candidate will
have significant experience with related challenges such as low
torque miniature motors/actuators and gearboxes, wire routing and
connectors, battery packaging, environmental protection of
sensitive electronics, sensors and data acquisition.
What You Will Do
- Provide consultative technical leadership and electromechanical
solution expertise to the platform and various development
- Partner with business and technology subject-matter experts to
elicit and translate varied business requirements into standardized
- Develop and ensure platform and component alignment with
- Create and maintain reference system and subsystem
architectures, principles and standards.
- Define and maintain a library of functional component models
within and across business units.
- Create and ensure platform requirements (functional and
non-functional) are met per design and architecture.
- Define platform and component roadmaps and assist in planning
for product adoption.
- Review functional and technical designs as well as their test
plans and procedures to identify areas of risk and/or missing
- Possess and demonstrate strategic knowledge across a broad
range of related disciplines within the mechanical /
- Build expertise in multiple product families and knowledge of
- Ensure that engineering processes, quality standards, methods,
and procedures are defined, documented, updated, and followed.
- Maintain a holistic view of the organization’s strategy,
processes, information, and technology assets.
- Be responsible for managing and completing large complete
system projects having strategic platform impact.
- Provide technical assessments of situations outside of the
normal scope of influence.
What You Need to Succeed
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electromechanical, or
- 12+ Years of relevant experience
- Have a passion for technology and willingness to explore and
adopt emerging technologies for practical business purposes.
- Bring an upbeat, positive attitude while enjoying working with
an agile team to develop innovative technical solutions to help
enable business growth and improve customer satisfaction.
- Be apt at quickly understanding new business domains and be
creative and thoughtful about applying technology to improve
processes and issues.
- Be self-directed and able to identify and complete own
- Have effective written, verbal and presentations skills with
the ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts enabling teams
to be successful. Including communicating to both internal
and external partners.
- Have a demonstrated ability to collaborate,
negotiate and work within a team environment cross
- Have a willingness to make decisions, an ability to assess risk
and act with a sense of urgency enabling teams to deliver on
- Can relate to others and a demonstrated resourcefulness and
- Can think on your feet, assess problems, and lead others to
find well-thought-out solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to
multi-engineer project teams and cross functional projects.
- Mastery of engineering tools including FMEA, Root Cause
Analysis, GD&T, Tolerance Stack Analysis & DFM/DFA.
- Significant experience performing overall optimization and
design trades across efficiency, cost, manufacturability, test,
etc. with solutions employing mechanical mechanisms, electronics,
motors, solenoids, and battery or line powered sources.
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career
- You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly
help others. With thousands of employees and customers around
the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values
state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your
professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our
employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we
recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping
you “be safe, be healthy”??
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, which currently
offers a 6% company match and no vesting period?
- Health Savings Accounts – Tax-advantaged savings account used
for healthcare expenses
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-advantaged spending accounts
for healthcare and/or dependent daycare expenses
- Disability Insurance –Short-Term and Long-Term coverage, paid
for by Allegion, provides income replacement for illness or
- Life Insurance – Term life coverage with the option to purchase
- Tuition Reimbursement??
- Voluntary Wellness Program – Simply complete wellness
activities and earn up to $2,000 in rewards
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work?
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you
can “serve others, not
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths
through CliftonStrengths assessment & coaching?
Compensation: This range is provided by Allegion.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and
- The expected Base Salary Range: $101,700 -
$188,900. The actual compensation will be determined based on
experience and other factors permitted by law.
As a company that’s constantly seeking and discovering new
frontiers, we’re looking for pioneers.?Join us! (can be used
for more engineering/tech focused roles)
Colorado Springs CO Hancock
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and
inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and
similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and
similarities within the relationships that we foster with
customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work.
Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin,
religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity
to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your
best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the
right thing to do. We are also committed to providing
accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you
cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation
or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road,
Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Keywords: Allegion, Indianapolis , Senior Lead Mechanical Engineer, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!