An opportunity has arisen in Defence for a Program
Management Office (PMO) Leadto
join the Defence PMO team.This is an
exciting time to join the Defence PMO as we transition in
to a truly global PMO.
In this role the PMO Lead will report to the Head of
PMO and will play a leading role in defining best
practices in Project Planning, Execution, Compliance and
Reporting throughout the full
life-cycle of the programme. This
position will be based on the Indianapolis
site as part of the PMO in the PM
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer
the power that matters to our customers, to society and to
We’re the second largest global
provider of defence aero-engine products
and services globally with 16,000 engines in the
service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines
power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport,
combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and
unmanned aerial vehicles
See the PMO lead role profile on
the PM Academy website for further standard
- Lead process improvement projects as we continue to
simplify the RRMS.
- Provide leadership and centralised coordination of
Long Term Contract Reviewsand Load
- Improve programme management
capability by delivering process and tool
- Project manage the deployment of tools and
processes across the global business and
provide super user support for our key
project management tools.
- Actively participate in the deployment of
sharing of best practices and
where appropriate new ‘leaner’ methods,
including incorporation and capturing of
- Develop engagement frameworks and
provide inductions to new starters to the PM
function.See the PMO
lead role profile on the PM Academy website for
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of
Program Management experience, OR
- Master's Degree, OR
- In order to be considered for this
opportunity, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent
- Experience of SAP Project Systems, EVMS For Project,
Primavera P6, Dev Ops.
- Experience using Agile Project management.
- Experience of working with Integrated Master Schedules
and Earned Value Management.
- Experience of load capacity planning, Long Term Contract
Reviews and Risk Management.
- Experience of working in a variety of project roles in
projects of limited complexity with personal accountability for
Quality, Time, Cost and Performance elements.
- Working towards or ideally have membership/accreditation
level of externally recognized Project Management Professional
Bodies (e.g. APM, PMI).
- Qualified to degree level in Project/Program Management
- Proven people and stakeholder management skills at all
levels of an organisation
- Exposure to non-core project management roles such as
purchasing, commercial, engineering Operations etc.
- Proven ability to lead and train all levels in
Project/Programme Management competencies.
Create the new standard. Join us and you’ll develop your
skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an
international environment for a company known the world over for
excellence and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to
developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working
environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and
cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives
we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of
respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the
opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and
Inclusion strategy here.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people
safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and
necessary. If you’re successful for this role you’ll be expected to
work from home on a temporary basis .When Rolls-Royce updates the
safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work
in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as
needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required
tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll
consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any
08 Oct 2021; 00:10