We Are Hiring:
*** Now offering 24 hour + 12 hour shift a
Why join Ascension St Vincent as a Critical
Care Respiratory Therapist? St.Vincent offers a comprehensive
team of dedicated critical care transport professionals. Our
critical care transport teams are accredited by the Commission on
Accreditation for Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS). Critical Care
Transport program provides 24-hour pediatric, neonatal and Maternal
Fetal Medicine critical transport services. Our team is one of the
few teams in the country capable of transporting neonates on high
frequency oscillation and nitric oxide. Come join our amazing
group of Critical Care Transport Respiratory Therapists!
What You Will Do:
Day/Night/Holiday 24/7 Operation
Provide evaluation of and care for patients
with respiratory insufficiency during air or surface transport.
What You Will Need:
- Identify, assess, administer medication to, and stabilize the
ill or injured patient during transport.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medication and
treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Inspect and maintain equipment and supplies to ensure safety of
the transport team and patients.
- May be required to drive an ambulance to transport patients
- Communicate with the referring and receiving medical
professionals, providing safe hand-off for all patients being
transported and actively communicating assessments, interventions,
- Actively educate patients, families, and the multidisciplinary
care team on plan of care and safest transport caveats.
- Comply with Air Medical vendor limitations and physical
Licensure / Certification /
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of
hire date or job transfer date Required. (ACLS)
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained
within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180
days) of hire date or job transfer date Required.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
date. or Respiratory Care Practitioner prior to 1993. (RRT)
One or more of the following Required:
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Neonatal Pediatric
Transport credentialed from the National Certification Corporation
(NCC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job
transfer date. (C-NPT)
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation
credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer
- Minimum Qualification: High School Diploma or equivalent and
Graduate of a Respiratory Care program
by hire date or job transfer date.
- Minimum Qualification: Three years of experience in Level
III/IV NICU or PICU.
- Preferred Qualification: Five years of experience in Level
III/IV NICU or PICU.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater
Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent
has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148
years. We operate 24 hospitals — in addition to outpatient health
centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more — and
offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid
time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment,
professional development opportunities, and more to help our
associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join
Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000
associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing
compassionate, personalized care to all — especially to those most
in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your
community, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive
fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more