Company: Toyota Material Handling
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Toyota Material Handling (TMH) is undertaking an aggressive digital
transformation designed to add unprecedented efficiency to its
operation and improve the customer experience for its large
customer base. As a part of this digital transformation, Toyota is
developing and installing a highly integrated Dealer Management
System (DMS) across its entire dealer network. The platform will be
highly integrated with our corporate system and will connect data
and information across dealer territories as a part of our 'One
Toyota' vision. The DMS is central to many of Toyota's most
strategic initiatives and vision for the future. The Dealer Systems
Data Steward position is a strategic position that will drive the
adoption, development and support of our DMS. This position will
play a key role in guiding our partners in building our Gold
standard system standardizing the dealer data and the flow of data
between Toyota and our dealers. The Data Steward is responsible for
protecting the data-while providing information on potential risks
and offering regulatory guidance. Essential Position Duties:
- Define the data and identify assets within their own data
domains ensuring there isn't conflict with other data
- Create processes and procedures along with access controls to
monitor adherence. This includes establishing internal policies and
standards-and enforcing those policies.
- Maintain quality of the data using customer feedback, concerns,
questions; internally reporting metrics; evaluating and identifying
issues; and coordinating and implementing corrections
- Optimize workflows and communications.
- Monitor data usage to assist teams, share best practice trends
in data use, and provide insight into how and where teams can use
data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Ensure compliance and security of the DMS data.
- Responsible for data quality and data accuracy across the
- Responsible for reviewing and governing data queries related to
- Responsible for understanding end-to-end data flows and
identifying data dependencies in support of delivery, release, and
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the dealer
data for the enterprise data dictionary.
- Partners with the data governance team to ensure solutions
adhere to Toyota's data principles and guidelines.
- Owns Dealer Systems data assets including reports, data
- Partners with others in test data management and masking
strategies and the creation of a reusable test data
- Responsible for solving data related issues and communicating
resolutions with other solution domains.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Additional duties as assigned Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Technology,
Computer Science or Math
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise,
maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills;
balancing strategic alignment with technology roadmap and emerging
industry trends with practical delivery.
- 2 to 5 years' experience with an ERP system preferably a
Microsoft Dynamics system or SAP.
- 2 to 5 years' experience as a data steward preferred
- Knowledge of data modeling, data integration, data
configuration and general database concepts. Knowledge of various
Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel, Structured Query
Language (SQL) scripting and Macros is also beneficial. Physical
Requirements / Working Conditions:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Individuals may
need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a
level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching
above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to
file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper
lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds
for files, computer printouts on occasion. Frequent use of computer
and telephone.Primary environment: ambient room temperatures,
lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical
office environment. About Toyota Material Handling Let Toyota take
your career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides
employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through
innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture. Based in
Columbus, Indiana, Toyota offers a full line of high-quality
material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50
years. We are proud of our large and diverse workforce. We seek
individuals committed to excellence with talent, skill and
innovation. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with
a pleasant and challenging work environment. Life is better at
Toyota. Benefits that set Toyota apart:
- Competitive Salary + bonus program
- Low cost Medical with Free Dental and Free Vision
- Free On-Site Medical Center
- On-Site Pharmacy
- Free On-Site Recreational Complex
--- Affirmative Action Responsibility:It is the Company's policy to
afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all
qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because
of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal
laws, rules, or regulations.
Keywords: Toyota Material Handling, Indianapolis , Data Steward, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!