Company: Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCC) is a publicly traded company that
continues to be a leader in the environmental services industry. We
are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic
to join our rapidly growing company. HCC offers competitive
compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for
advancement. We are willing to provide complete training for this
opportunity!The Instrument Technician position functions as
essential support for the re-refinery by applying knowledge of
instrument/electrical and mechanical principles in determining
equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to
operation, while providing skilled instrumentation and electrical
- Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and
- Will be responsible for repairing/troubleshooting/calibrating
flow meters including dP, vortex, coriolis, annubar, mag and Brooks
- Will be response for repairing/troubleshooting/calibrate
control valves including digital valve positioners, temperature
transmitters, pressure transmitters, O2/Comb meters, LEL/H2S
meters, level transmitters (dp, GWR, Radar, Mag), switches, motor
starters, pushbuttons, etc.. as needed.
- Familiar with Allen Bradley PLC ControlLogix programming,
tuning control loops, frequency drives and other electrical
- Operate conventional lathe and milling machines.
- Able to perform PM's and instrument inspections, recording and
- Maintain spare parts inventory and submit order requests as
needed to maintain minimum stock levels.
- Disassemble instruments from the process areas and remove parts
and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing,
- Observe and test the operation of instruments and electrical
equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using testing
- Has the ability to use field communication with HART protocol
to configure instruments and control valves.
- Has the ability to use pneumatic and electronic test and
calibration equipment associated with process instrumentation.
- Participate in LOTO activities, including electrician's role in
de-energizing motors, etc---
- Adhere to all corporate policies and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works with management in scheduling shutdowns and work
- Requests Quotes as needed from vendors.
- Create PO requests as quotes or invoices are received from
vendor and other sources.
- Researches information as requested for services and
- Contact and coordinate with vendors for instrumentation,
programming and electrical services and parts.
- Meet with new vendors to determine if their products/ services
are useful in the instrumentation/ electrical/ programming
department or plant.
- Assist in Engineering projects related to Instrumentation/
Electrical/ Programming.Core Competencies
- Interact with others in a positive and courteous manner
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Accept constructive criticism and coaching
- Organized, on task and works with minimal supervision
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances
- Highly safety conscious
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts and overtime as
- Effectively interact with management team, operations, and
other internal contacts, in addition to external vendors or
contractors as required
- Present a positive image of Heritage-Crystal Clean to fellow
employees, customers and the general publicWork Experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in electrical, mechanical,
hydraulic and pneumatic fields required in Industrial and/or
- Basic supervisory experience preferred. Education,
Certificates, Licenses, or Designations
- Associate's degree in EET or an accredited apprenticeship
accompanied by 5 years of applicable experience Specific Skills
- Capability of utilizing phase testers, multi-meters, meggers
and other testing equipment
- Ability to utilize pneumatic and electronic test and
calibration equipment associated with process instrumentation
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.Must be
willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws
and regulations.All applicants must pass the pre-employment
physical including drug & alcohol screeningHCC expressly values
diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages the applications
of individuals from diverse backgrounds, so that HCC reflects the
communities and customers that we serve.Heritage Crystal Clean LLC
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to
Keywords: Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC, Indianapolis , Process Operator, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!