Software Engineer - Central Region
Company: Pitney Bowes
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a
member of our team, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration
and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken
down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.We actively
look for prospects who:
* Are passionate about client success.
* Enjoy collaborating with others.
* Strive to exceed expectations.
* Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market
solutions.Job Description:At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing,
the right way.As a Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can
too.We have amazing people who are the driving force, the
inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can
be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.We
actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market
solutions.You are:An autonomous, high performing, team driven
individual with a keen sense for customer service and client
relationship building, both internal and external clients. One who
can be a collaborative team player, not afraid to think outside the
box in providing customized solutions which exceed our clients'
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical
- Analyze data and create reports
- Create job aids that are easy to understand and follow
- Prepare, review, revise and maintain design documentation
- Can think out of the box when required
- Deploy complex systems solutions in support of the successful
completion of implementations
- Responsible for pre-sales and technical support on all systems
- Install, integrate, configure, and customize Pitney Bowes
systems solutions to satisfy requirements outlined in the Statement
of Work (SOW)
- Provide technical support to assist Field Systems Specialist
- Program and provide consulting services to clients who require
advanced levels of communication / network integration and
customization services interfacing to customer host systems
- Provide input for budgetary quotes for custom software
solutions to include training, and deployment service costs and
- The Systems Engineer must maintain leading-edge knowledge in
the discipline along with complete knowledge of Pitney Bowes
systems solutions and possess the skills to apply the knowledge to
specific client applications
- Travel with overnight stays as needed, up to 25% of time
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.Your background:
- Knowledge of popular IDE software like Visual Studio
- Have a basic understanding of how single sign-on works for
authentication and the differences between methods (SAML, ODIC,
OAuth2, Key Exchange)
- Knowledge of Windows including Server and Desktop
- Strong knowledge of databases and how to connect and query data
(MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Knowledge with industry-leading development tools such as.
Studio, C#, VB.NET,TSQL on SQL Server (2008, 2008R2, 2012,
2019),MVC architecture, Entity Framework, LINQ
- Knowledge of inter-relationships between Microsoft development
platforms and database systems
- Prior experience in technical design of complex software
- Experience with Project Management concepts
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, and
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Strong Communication skills both oral and written
- Willingness to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and
criminal background check.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record and
reliable vehicle for daily travel to multiple customer
- Imaging, Mailing and Shipping industry knowledge preferred
- College degree preferred or work experience equivalentWe will
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse
perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to
the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally pbprojectliving.comOur
TeamThe Global Professional Services Team is a talented and
high-energy team who live and breathe creating an amazing user
experience for all product development. We continually challenge
the status quo, and each other, to define and adopt best practices
by taking an agile approach to deliver quickly and respond to
feedback. We are defining a product branding and unification
strategy while adding value to the development of reusable assets
and design patterns.If you would like to be considered for this
position, please apply!We will:* Provide the opportunity to grow
and develop your career
* Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse
perspectives and ideas
* Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the
success of a transforming organization
* Offer comprehensive benefits globally ()Pitney Bowes is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values
diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ+ are
encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with
disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should
refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with
Keywords: Pitney Bowes, Indianapolis , Software Engineer - Central Region, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!