Company: Indianapolis Zoo
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description From presenting animal chats and feed
demonstrations, to facilitating Dolphin Meet and Greet programs,
and helping guests to learn more about all there is to experience
at the Zoo, it takes an energetic, passionate individual to be a
Zoo Interpreter! Ideal candidates are committed to advancing the
Zoo's mission to protect nature and inspire people to care for our
world. Displaying a professional, positive, respectful,
cooperative, and enthusiastic attitude to all guests, volunteers,
and coworkers is vital to this position. The ability to communicate
ideas in an engaging verbal manner is required for the position.
Prior experience working with the public, especially children in a
formal or informal educational institution is highly desirable. A
high school diploma or equivalent is required. A bachelor's degree
from an accredited institution is preferred. This position will
work approximately 30 hours per week in the peak season (early May
to mid-October). Flexibility on availability is required due to
programming and attendance throughout the year. Holidays and
weekends are required. Position Requirements and Experience:
- Ability to work outdoors and indoors under all environmental
conditions and temperatures.
- Effective communication skills to respond to difficult
controversial questions appropriately.
- Electronic media/ technology, computer and word processing
- Possesses excellent public speaking skills.
- In months of lower visitation, will develop interpretative
projects for chats, shows, and experiences.
- In months of lower visitation, will conduct research for
existing and/ or new experiences and update training
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to assess situations, use good procedure/ judgment and
- Strong organizational and communication skills are
- Working knowledge of interpretive techniques. Employment is
contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment testing
including a criminal history and driving record check, and a drug
test. To apply:
- Interested candidates must complete an online Zoo application
by the May 28, 2022, application deadline.
- To be considered, applicants must include a resume, cover
letter, and salary requirements.
- Please note, the Zoo reserves the right to remove this posting
at any time, even prior to the application deadline stated above.
The Indianapolis Zoo is proud to be a Drug-Free/ Smoke-Free/ Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE)/ Child-Safe Work Environment.
Keywords: Indianapolis Zoo, Indianapolis , Interpreter, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!