Operations & Warehousing Associate
Company: Avery Dennison Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
$1000 sign-on bonus after 120 days of employment. Starting wage
for this position is $19.54/ hr + $2.00/ hr shift differential.
Ideal candidates will have the ability and flexibility to work 2nd
shift (2pm-10pm), 3rd shift (2pm-10pm), and/or rotating 12-hour
night shifts (6pm-6am).
The Operations & Warehousing Associate's primary duty is to ensure
the timely and accurate receiving, shipping or delivery of Avery
Dennison's products. In this position, you will be a key player in
supporting the supply chain serving internal and external
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operate material handling equipment to move, load and ship
material and finished product to support a manufacturing
* Partner with internal and external customers to ensure accurate
movement of materials and finished product to meet customer
expectations and on-time delivery.
* Ship and receive materials and equipment to support production
and verify receipts in related computer systems (e.g., AS400,
Oracle, TMS, LPSC, etc.) and shipping documents.
* Support inventory accuracy by completing warehouse and
departmental cycle counts and correct discrepancies in order to
achieve business goals
* Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies
and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with regard to
self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
* Understand and implement the quality standard procedures
* Participate in group problem-solving teams and continuous
* Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate
shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations
* Assist and support other team members in meeting department and
site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks necessary
to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision
making. Provide support in project work and other special
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or 3+ years of relevant
manufacturing work experience.
* Previous manufacturing experience preferred
* Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
* Must regard safety as a core value; must serve as a role model
for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices,
policies and procedures.
* Must have strong service and quality focus; address issues
effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand
root cause, then communicate / educate the team in a timely
* Must be able to actively contribute in a team based environment;
encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers
and management to effectively reach a common goal.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a
willingness to learn and share knowledge; must take initiative to
cross-train and sustain acquired skills.
* Must have demonstrated a record of flexibility and dependability
in order to support production and customer focus.
* Must demonstrate proficiency with computer applications,
especially strong Oracle transactional skills.
* Must be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice
* Must be able to obtain Forklift Operator's license.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Reasonable Accommodations Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact (440) 534-6080 or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to
discuss reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Avery Dennison Corporation, Indianapolis , Operations & Warehousing Associate , Other , Greenfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!