Head Cook - Sign on BONUS - NEW WAGES
Company: Otterbein Senior Life
Posted on: August 7, 2022
NEW WAGES!OverviewOtterbein is currently seeking a talented Line
Cook / Head Cook to join our team at our vibrant, not-for-profit
retirement community. The Line Cook / Head Cook participates in the
preparation, cooking and serving of all food items to residents,
guests, and partners under strict sanitary conditions. Perform
other appropriate related tasks and all unrelated assigned duties
as determined by the supervisors.SIGN ON BONUS!Full Time -
$2,500*NOTE: Bonus offer available for a limited time! Bonus is
subject to change. Ask your interviewer for details.Apply from your
phone! Text OTTER to 89743Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we supply
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to keep you and our residents
safe. Additionally, we have implemented stronger infection control
and testing procedures in all Otterbein
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements. Procures food from
- Prepares and cooks food in accordance with company
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, uses a
variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders,
mixers, grinders, choppers, slicers, ovens, cook tops, to prepare
soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, casseroles and other menu
- Bakes, roast, steams, broils, fries meats, fish, poultry,
vegetables and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to food during mixing and cooking, according to
recipe. Discusses necessary recipe adjustments with
- Observes and test food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and
taking temperatures to determine that it is cooked to the proper
level of doneness.
- Carves meats, portions food in serving pans or on serving
plates, adds gravies, sauces, and garnishes to panned and plated
- May wash, peel, cut and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare
them for use.
- May butcher chickens, fish, meats.
- May bake breads, rolls and pastries.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies
and utensils in work area.
- Coordinates work with other food service employees to prevent
waste and to facilitate utilization of any overproduction.
- Responsible for replenishing food and items providing back up
on service line for dining center customers.
- Selects and develops recipes were needed.
- Cooks and otherwise prepares foods according to recipes.
- Cuts, trims, bones and carves meats and poultry for
- Portions cooked foods as to size of portions and methods of
- Follows prep sheet in order to prepare items for next day s
meals.QualificationsEducation: High School diploma or GED
preferredExperience: 2 to 5 year s cooking experience in LTC or
similar setting preferredApply today and begin a meaningful career
as a Line Cook / Head Cook at Otterbein! Associated topics:
breakfast, cafeteria, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero de la
parrilla, food preparation, kitchen, lunch, maker, roasting,
Keywords: Otterbein Senior Life, Indianapolis , Head Cook - Sign on BONUS - NEW WAGES, Other , Franklin, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!