Company: Butler, Fairman & Seufert, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY The role of the NEPA Specialist is to utilize
technical expertise to manage multiple transportation related
projects. Candidates should be familiar with the NEPA process as
implemented by the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) and
have experience in preparing Categorical Exclusion (CE) or
Environmental Assessment (EA) documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the NEPA process for transportation projects and be
responsible for scheduling and on-budget completion of elements
related to the NEPA process.
- Prepare NEPA related documentation for CEs and EAs.
- Review and interpret planning studies and/or preliminary design
- Attend client meetings, including project kick-offs, update
meetings, field reviews, etc.
- Maintain project files with current documents and
- Interact with project managers, clients, regulatory agencies,
and sub-consultants to achieve project objectives.
- Prepare graphics to support technical documentation.
- Utilize project management software to timely and accurately
report project specific work time and expenses.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in biology, natural sciences,
environmental studies, or related field.
- Completion of NEPA Initial Training and Categorical Exclusion
Training with INDOT.
- Five (5) years of relevant project management experience
preparing NEPA documentation.
- A thorough understanding of federal, state, and local agency
regulations regarding NEPA, Clean Water Act, and Section 106 of the
National Historic Preservation Act.
- Demonstrated excellence with regards to technical writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and associated programs.
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with INDOT Consultant Performance Evaluation
criteria for Environmental Documents and NEPA-related Performance
- Experience in Waterway Permitting and Mitigation, Wetland
determination/delineation, Historical Architecture /
Archaeological, GIS / AutoCAD a plus but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThis position requires
the selected candidate to work independently and in team settings
to conduct work both in the field and office.
Butler, Fairman, Seufert provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Butler, Fairman,
Seufert complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer.
Keywords: Butler, Fairman & Seufert, Inc., Indianapolis , NEPA Specialist, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!