Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist
Company: Indiana Public Retirement System
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout us?Indiana Public Retirement System
(INPRS') is among the largest 100 pension systems in the United
States. INPRS' serves the needs of approximately 473,000 members
and retirees representing approximately 1,244 employers, including
public universities, school corporations, public safety,
municipalities and state agencies. The Indiana Public Retirement
System is a public pension fund who manages approximately over $40
billion in assets, making it one of the largest in the United
States. We are located in the heart of the city, in downtown
Indianapolis, near the circle & across the street from our
monumental state house. This position will allow a flexible
(hybrid) work arrangement. Why join?INPRS' believes that people are
the foundation of our success. It takes people with different
backgrounds, ideas, and strengths to be successful. Balance in life
is important. We strive to have a flexible and supportive
environment while not sacrificing service to our members. We pride
ourselves by modeling a collaborative, diverse and inclusive
environment for our employees. Our mission. "As fiduciaries,
educate stakeholders, collect necessary contributions, and
prudently manage member assets to deliver promised defined benefit
and defined contribution benefits and services". Your Impact?A
Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist serves as a consultant to
the agency in training, leading and consulting on Improvement
Projects. Identify opportunities to improve quality, increase
efficiencies, reduce cost, mitigate risk, and/or enhance customer
experience. Leading projects will require facilitating team
discussion and use of tools through a standard problem-solving
approach. As a senior position, this person will be expected to
lead other team members in a program of improvement projects as
well as mentor continuous improvement specialists new to the
position or working toward a senior level.Essential
Duties:Implementation of Quality Management System:
- Leads small to large projects improving business processes from
a process and technology standpoint with a goal of increasing
quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead other Continuous Improvement Specialist team members in a
program of improvement projects.
- Manages project solutions and meets needs in a timely,
reliable, and cost-efficient manner.
- Identifies problems/issues, leads the problem-solving process,
and develops recommendations for program and/or process
- Provides follow-up support on project recommendations to ensure
countermeasures have been fully implemented.
- Consults on Strategic Projects to facilitate the INPRS
problem-solving framework and use of CI tools within the
- Educates team members on core lean and problem-solving
- Teach, train, and mentor at all levels of the agency to imbed
the Continuous Improvement Culture and promote engagement.
- Develops and maintains training materials and curriculum for
formal Continuous Improvement training designed for multiple
- Consults with the Manager of the Center of Excellence to define
new business process opportunities and enhance existing business
- Prepares information for management to assist them with
responses to strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of department strategies and
- Become knowledgeable in existing data warehouse structure, BI
dashboards and use of Looker or another similar tool.
- Execute Process Maturity Evaluations on critical business
processes within the agency.Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of related work experience (Quality, Lean, BPM,
Continuous Improvement) preferred.
- Proficient on Word, PowerPoint, Minitab (or Sigma XL) and Visio
- Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt required.
- Lean, Business Process Management (BPM) or ASQ certification
- Preferred experience with Looker, Power BI, Tableau, or similar
tool.Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Work Arrangement (3 days in-person & 2 days
- Healthcare coverage (medical / dental / vision)
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- Prescription coverage
- Employer funded retirement plan (pension plan)
- Deferred compensation plan (employer and/or employee
- Flexible spending account
- Work/life balance (37.5 hours weekly)
- 12 paid holidays; 14 during election year
- Paid leave (personal, sick, vacation)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Employer-paid downtown parkingIf you are interested in this
position, please submit your application and resume for review. For
more information about our organization, please visit our INPRS
Careers Page: https://www.in.gov/inprs/careers.htm.This position is
not eligible for H-1B or any other kind of temporary or permanent
sponsorship for work authorization by the Indiana Public Retirement
System. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship from us for work
authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your
application at this time.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Indiana Public Retirement System, Indianapolis , Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!