Production and Design Coordinator
Company: Indiana Electric Cooperatives
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Do you have a passion for publication and graphic design? Do you
have a desire to dig into new content and message delivery options?
If so, Indiana Electric Cooperatives might be the place for you.
The Indiana Connection magazine is a print magazine that reaches
more than 300,000 homes across Indiana each month. We are looking
for a production and design coordinator with graphic design skills
to join our team to assist with the magazine and other design needs
for our organization and our member cooperative systems.
Indiana Electric Cooperatives (IEC) has been around since 1935, and
today our member cooperatives serve more than 1.3 million Hoosiers.
At IEC, we work hard for our members and the communities we serve.
We support our member cooperatives with various services that
include job and safety training, government relations, regulatory
compliance support, professional development and communication. We
provide our members with the support they need to power their
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes:
* Competitive salary
* Flexible work environment and paid time off
* Defined pension plan (you read that right - we still have an
incredible pension plan!)
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Health, vision, life and disability insurance
* Identity theft insurance
* Opportunities for learning and development
* Supportive culture and a work/life balance
As the production and design coordinator, you will assist with and
monitor the general monthly production process of Indiana
Connection. This position also supports the creative output - from
concept to production - for Indiana Electric Cooperatives, Indiana
Connection, and IEC's member cooperatives. This position works
closely with others in the cooperative relations department to
ensure brand consistency across all IEC departments and assists in
designing and creating graphics to meet specific needs for IEC and
its member systems.
* Assist with and monitor the general monthly production process of
Indiana Connection, working closely with the editor, graphic
designers, and other staff.
* Assist with the Indiana Connection editorial planning.
* Assist the editor in coordinating with the magazine printer and
the U.S. Postal Service; production and design coordinator should
have a working knowledge of the processes and policies to serve in
the absence of the editor.
* Create the monthly magazine flat plan, including the placement of
* Coordinate with freelance writers and designers as
* Help develop and adhere to production schedules.
* Lead orientation of new employees for subscribing cooperatives.
Coach these employees through processes, policies, best practices
* Provide high-quality and timely graphic design support for a wide
variety of media including print, digital, email, social media,
* Assigned recurring magazine section pages.
* Designated cooperative local pages.
* Designated creative services program cooperatives.
* IEC campaigns and programs.
* Create and upload design packages to the IEC website and media
library for member cooperative use.
* Monitor magazine publication and delivery trends. Keep abreast of
new and emerging technology, design trends, software and
* Investigate, establish and implement new content delivery
* Lead the delivery of magazine content through electronic
* Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and
* Support regular maintenance of the Indiana Connection website
with the creation of graphics and population of content as
* Assist editor in providing positive and efficient customer
service; respond to inquiries from member cooperatives and Indiana
* Assist editor in evaluating quality assurance and member
* Support department initiatives and projects as needed.
* Identify and execute opportunities to create department
efficiencies through best practices research, technology
enhancements and process review/improvements.
* Assist other IEC departments and staff with programs and projects
* Actively participate in department planning activities including
goal setting, strategic planning and budgeting.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an
equivalent of the following education and/or experience.
* Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, public relations,
graphic design or a related field is required.
* Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs and
* Minimum of five years of experience with print publications,
including design, layout, writing and editing.
* Advanced knowledge of Associated Press style.
* Valid driver's license.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES*
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The company will make reasonable accommodations to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
* Strong problem-solving abilities, including the ability to apply
critical thinking skills and logical discernment to complex
situations where different opinions may be in conflict.
* Strong project management and planning skills, including the
ability to coordinate work with other departments or
* Strong consultative skills including working with a variety of
members, meeting them where they are and meeting their needs, and
educating them on possibilities and best practices.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to describe and explain complicated or sensitive
information, negotiate with and motivate others, maintain
confidentiality and strong listening skills.
* Strong desire to learn and develop.
* Ability to mentor and advise other staff.
* Ability to monitor, assess, make budgetary recommendations.
* Ability to move in a fast-paced environment and manage and
prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of
quality and needing little quality control oversight.
* Proficiency using a computer, including proficiency with
Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), WordPress,
databases, the internet and cloud-based programs such as MailChimp
and Survey Monkey and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
* Ability to operate office equipment, including printers, copiers
* Strong mathematical abilities (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, fractions, percentages and ratios),
including the ability to process data.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS*
The environmental and physical demands described here are
representative of those an individual must meet to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. The company will make
reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these functions.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented office
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to sit for periods of time and to move intermittently
throughout the workday within or between departments or
* Strong sensory skills, such as good hearing, dexterity and good
eyesight, including the use of color perception.
* Ability to interact frequently with others through phone, e-mail
and written correspondence.
* Ability to speak clearly.
* Ability to interact frequently with others, both in person and
through phone, email, virtual meetings and written
* Local and regional travel required occasionally; overnight travel
required approximately three days per year.
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Indiana Electric Cooperatives, Indianapolis , Production and Design Coordinator, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!