Application Architect - Remote
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DescriptionThe Application Architect designs and develops IT
applications architecture solutions to business problems in
alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
The Application Architect work assignments involve moderately
complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data
requires an in-depth evaluation of variable
factors.ResponsibilitiesThe Application Architect performs
technical planning, architecture development and modification of
specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services,
applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and
integration of products/services proposed with standards in order
to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent
applications. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes
decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding
technical approach for project components, and work is performed
with minimal direction. Exercises considerable latitude in
determining objectives and approaches to
- Define the current applications architecture within the
Medicare Risk Adjustment (MRA) Solution Engineering team. Identify
architectural issues within the applications, including tracking
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to meet
identified issues and MRA business requirements (ongoing and
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements
(SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to be more
cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation
technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery
- Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches,
service design, and development processes and approaches.
- Integrate each application solution into the broader business
and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Create and maintain application architecture deliverables and
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
or related field
- 7+ experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Modeling and modeling tools
- Analytical skills
- Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with
the whole (big picture thinking)
- Some knowledge of the business that the application
- Modeling of services and interfaces
- Technologies used within the applicationPreferred
QualificationsMaster's DegreeAdditional InformationThis position
will report to a Manager, Software Engineering, ITSE - Ent Data
Translation, Submission SolutionsHumana and its subsidiaries
require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to
submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters.
Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly
negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a
Humana facility or while working in the field.Work-At-Home
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed
DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who
live and work from home in the state of California will be provided
payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10
(25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect
member PHI / HIPAA informationScheduled Weekly Hours40Humana
complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We also provide free language interpreter services. See our
Keywords: Humana, Indianapolis , Application Architect - Remote, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!