Customer Service Representative
Company: Shalom Health Care Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Position Title: Patient Service Representative*
*FTE Classification: * *Non-exempt/40 Hours per Week*
*COVID-19 VACCINE MANDATE IN EFFECT FOR ALL SHALOM EMPLOYEES.*
*Why Choose Shalom?*
Excellent work-life balance
Generous paid time off
Retirement plan and 403b match
Excellent insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision)
*POSITION SUMMARY: * The Patient Service Representative (PSR) is
responsible for scheduling appointments, registering patients,
maintaining electronic medical records (eClinicalWorks ("eCW")),
and assisting patients with financial assistance programs, while
interacting in a professional and "patient first" manner.
*Required Education and Training / Knowledge and Skills*:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* One (1) year of front office medical experience, preferred
* Six (6) months' front office medical training, preferred
* Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records ("EMR") (e.g.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Bilingual - English/Spanish, preferred
* Knowledge of medical office practices, procedures and
* Knowledge of patient insurance enrollment and/or patient
* Knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Greet patients and visitors at reception area and offer
* Assist patients with making appointments.
* Enter information into billing software quickly and
* Provide patient information on available health care plans.
* Collect and record payments on accounts.
* Enter information from Superbill into billing software quickly
* Confirm patient financial arrangements.
* Answer incoming telephone calls.
* Provide patients with information on available health care
* Assist patients with applications for financial assistance
* Process income information for Sliding Fee Scale and the Shalom
* Interview new patients and families; request and obtain necessary
and appropriate information.
* Verify patient demographic information and patient insurance
eligibility; update PMS system, as needed.
* Contact patients when medications are ready to be picked up and
to confirm appointments.
* Scan medical records documentation into eCW.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
All staff and patients are required to wear masks at all times
while in clinic. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Call center: 1 year (Preferred)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Shalom Health Care Center, Indianapolis , Customer Service Representative, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!