Company: Areas USA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Areas USA* is seeking for a skilled, energetic, reliable
associate to join our team as a *Cook *for *Champps Restaurant
Bar*, located at the *Indianapolis International Airport*.
* *Status* - Full Time
* *Hourly Pay: *$18.25
* *Schedule: * (8 hrs) per shift - (5 days) per week (candidate
must have open availability to work shifts between 5:00 am-11:00
*Broad Functions*: Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish,
vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as prepare
and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other
duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including
plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate
garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
*Main Duties and Responsibilities*
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and
other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and
a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes,
cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables,
shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut-- burners,
convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, saut--ing or other
cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as
- Assists in the receiving of products and stock/replenish items
correctly as needed.
- Record temperature of food items, equipment and storage products
on appropriate logs.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for
kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager
*Skills and Qualifications*
- Culinary studies preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a full-service
- Verbal and written communication is essential, able to read,
speak and understand the English language to read kitchen tickets,
recipes, safety and OSHA compliance and training, etc.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu
- Good teamwork approach to daily tasks
* *Advance *- Opportunities for advancement including multi-unit
* *Health *- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* *Opportunities* - Transfer opportunities in the US
*Physical Demands: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to: stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers,
and be able to handle, feel, communicate verbally, and hear.
The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms,
climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also
occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and
either lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
focus. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
time (up to 8 hours).
*Areas* *USA *is a *world-class* international leader in casual
dining and quick serve food, beverage, and retail services in the
travel hospitality industry. With an operating presence in *12
countries* throughout Europe and the Americas including US, France,
Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile, and Mexico, Areas offers a
broad range of food services designed to exceed the expectations of
travelers in airports, highway service plazas and railway stations.
*Areas* serves over *348 million guests *per year, has *22,500
employees*, and is *ranked #3 *in travel food and retail services
*Areas have a presence in the following US cities: *Minneapolis,
Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Maryland,
Indianapolis, Detroit, Newark. If you're seeking the perfect
balance of professional success and growth potential at a
world-class international hospitality company *Apply Today!*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.25 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 3 years
* Casual dining restaurant
* Fast casual restaurant
* Fine dining restaurant
* Quick service & fast food restaurant
* 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Areas USA, Indianapolis , Cook, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!