Retail Sales Associate
Company: The UPS Store
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Reliable transportation is required. Must be able to work at more
than one location if asked. Details will be provided during the
Must have open availability during business hours. Current
availability requirements are as follows. Subject to change based
on needs of the business.
Mon - Fri: 7am -8pm
Saturdays: 8:30am - 3:30pm
Sundays: 11:30am - 5:30pm
Provide customers with efficient and effective service to exceed
expectations while promoting products and services to meet their
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Greet customers in a friendly manner; determine customer needs,
and how to exceed their expectations.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through customer engagement
and quality product delivery.
- Be knowledgeable of products and services offered and properly
promote them to customers.
- Identify customer needs and offer additional services which could
- Receive, sort and place mail in mailboxes accurately.
- Record all sales transactions completely and accurately in
- Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and
- Receive and prepare documents for printing.
- Operate all other software packages.
- Receive and process packages for shipping, including lifting and
weighing packages, accessing shipment manifesting software, and
generating labels. May require retrieving packages from customer's
vehicle when requested.
- Process and document damaged shipments, late and lost package
- Assist in merchandising the store, including stocking shelves
with product, ensuring clean and orderly appearance of product,
informing appropriate personnel of inventory levels for re-ordering
- Perform end of day duties: reconciliation of cash, checks, money
orders, credit cards, and all other transactions accurately and in
accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment, and all other
office machines in a safe, efficient, and productive manner. Help
customers operate office machines located in retail area.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
*QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: * To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of their job.
*Education and/or Experience: *
* 6 months - 2 years customer service and sales experience in a
retail environment. Point of Sale ("POS") and computer experience
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Software or ability to learn new
software highly desirable.
*Language Skills: *
* Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious
relationships with customers in person and over the phone.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*Other Skills and Abilities: *
Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly. Ability to stand for extended
periods of time. Manual hand dexterity required to operate POS,
copiers and binding machinery, packaging tools, and complete
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The UPS Store, Indianapolis , Retail Sales Associate, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!