Research Assistant (Part-time)
Company: Indiana University School of Nursing
Posted on: November 26, 2022
RESEARCH ASSISTANT/ DATA COLLECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The data collector will be responsible for conducting remote data
collection with study participants according to standardize
protocols. Data collection duties include participating in training
sessions, completing quality assurance procedures and field note
entries according to study timelines, and participating in regular
conference calls/ zoom meetings.
Qualifications: Data collectors must have basic computer skills
including word processing and internet use. Experience in
communicating with adults is preferred.
MAGICIAN Protocol-Specific Skills:
1. Communicated and document patient response during data
2. Work as a member of the interdisciplinary research team.
3. Knowledge of research skills, university procedures, and human
4. Strong analytical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to
function independently while maintaining confidentiality.
5. Acute observation shills and attention to detail.
6. Basic computer skills including word processing (Microsoft Word)
and spreadsheets (Excel and SPSS), as well as databases (REDCap - &
7. Ability to complete detailed work accurately and according to
8. Dedicated to handing and analyzing data with integrity.
Position Responsibilities/ Requirements:
1. Adhere to specifications for the timing and frequency of data
2. Contact with the adult participant and conduct data collection
coordinated with the participant and in accordance with the study
protocol and timelines.
3. Ensure accurateness and completeness of the data.
4. Protect the confidentiality of the participants information.
5. Participate in monthly meetings via Zoom. (2nd Thursday of the
month @ 1pm, possible weekly meetings on Thursdays @3pm)
6. Complete all required online forms in a timely manner (RECap -,
Citi training, COI, etc.)
7. Participate in evaluation procedures and quality assurance
8. Work Collaboratively with other team members when participants
are identified and recruited.
9. Participate in intensive training session to prepare for data
collection procedures as well as reporting and quality assurance
10. Other activities as assigned.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $12.00 - $18.00 per hour
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Indianapolis, IN
Keywords: Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis , Research Assistant (Part-time), Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!