Direct Support Professional
Company: Easterseals Crossroads
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Summary: Provide support to participants with
Activities of Daily Living and conducting group and individual
activities. Essential Functions:
- Act as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provide ongoing communication regarding progress of participant
toward goals as outlined in their PCISP.
- Assist with and supervise ability specific recreational
activities for each participant.
- Assist with activity planning within the customized life skills
- Assist with and supervise personal care and other ADL's of
participants as needed.
- Assist with meal or snack preparation, feeding and clean up as
- Assist with ambulation of participant's as directed and support
physically impaired persons with good body mechanics.
- Observe and report changes in participant's condition to the
- Maintain confidentiality, tactfully communication with
participants, families and public.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service training, and other
- Assist in daily record keeping and documentation as
- Practice environmental safety and sanitation.
- Provide input and support to ADS management team.
- Assist in finding and participating in meaningful community
- Perform other duties as assigned, as needed to fulfill the
mission of the organization. Education, Licenses, or
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Indiana Driver's License
- Proof of Insurance
- Experiencing working with individuals with disability
preferred. Experience required:
- Adequate reasoning, mathematical and language development
acquired by formal education.
- Experience/comfort working with people with a variety of
abilities. Competencies: Knowledge
- Ability to practice good public relations and effectively
communicate information and respond to questions in person, by
telephone or in written form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding personal
information of participants and staff.Skill
- Ability to manage physical and cognitive impairments of
- Ability to physically assist participants, including pushing
and manipulating wheelchairs.Ability
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to maintain patience and flexibility with people and
- Ability to remain flexible, emotionally stable, accepting of
people, non-judgmental, non-prejudiced, and highly motivated.
- Ability to show compassion and understanding concerning the
needs of disabled adults and their caregivers.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and
compassionately with disabled adults and their families. Working
Hours: Flexibility in working hours dependent on client needs and
current census. Typically, 37.5 hrs/week between the hours of
7:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Easterseals Crossroads
currently offers the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and long-term disability provided by employer
- 403(b) Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Birthday Holidays
- Basic Life/Accidental Death insurance provided by employer
Keywords: Easterseals Crossroads, Indianapolis , Direct Support Professional, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!