Associate Principal Scientist, Biotransformation
Company: IQVIA Argentina
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Guide, analyze and report in vitro and in vivo biotransformation
studies, with focus on analytical method development, metabolite
profiling, and reporting. -Manage and collaborate with senior staff
regarding study execution as it relates to timelines, data quality,
and interpretation of results.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently perform tasks associated with in vitro and in
vivo metID studies.
- Independently develop and/or implement analytical methods for
analysis of drug metabolites, conduct metabolic profiling, and
collect appropriate MS and MS/MS data for determination of
metabolite structures and associated pathways, using appropriate
level of regulatory compliance.
- Provide direction for individuals or discrete group, as
- Independently interpret MS/MS data and assign metabolite
- Perform, troubleshoot and/or consult on more complex analytical
methods and metabolite profiling.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase
quality or services and operational efficiency.
- Keep abreast of literature in the metID scientific arena.
- Independently analyze and prepare data, write reports, and
manage study flow.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of the project deliverables
- Interact with clients regarding scientific principles and
performance of metabolism studies.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level and new staff as
- Evaluate new technologies, techniques, study designs or
equipment.MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or related field
- Master's Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or
related field required.
- 7 years' relevant experience required OR equivalent combination
of education, training and experience.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- In depth knowledge of drug metabolism processes, including
analytical method development, metabolite profiling, and structural
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory equipment and instrumentation,
with particular focus on MS instrumentation (MS and MS/MS data
collection, basic interpretation and instrument
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with coworkers, management, and clients.
- Ability to be recognized as an effective team member, modeling
work on best practices and offering oversight, support and advice
to team members.
- Ability to establish and implement good laboratory practices or
- Ability to manage and maintain complete and accurate records of
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work against milestones or
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and implementation of safe laboratory practices.
- Ability to critically evaluate data and lab processes.Q -
Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services
organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure,
enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. -We
are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all,
including veterans and candidates with disabilities. As the
COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q - Solutions' ability to
operate and provide certain services to customers and partners
necessitates Q - Solutions and its employees meet specific
requirements regarding vaccination status.
Keywords: IQVIA Argentina, Indianapolis , Associate Principal Scientist, Biotransformation, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!