Chief Medical Officer
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for
the strategy, direction, and execution of the organization's
clinical initiatives and care provided to HealthNet patients. The
position is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and
enforcing acceptable professional and ethical standards of the
organization's medical staff according to the established policies,
procedures, philosophy, and objectives. The CMO ensures physician
oversight and development of clinical protocols and procedures
across HealthNet and establishes overall direction and strategic
initiatives for areas of responsibility. The CMO monitors the
quality of clinical activities and protocols and implements
improvement plans when needed. The incumbent is a member of
HealthNet's Senior Leadership Team and attends monthly Board of
Directors meetings.Essential Functions Include:
- Clinical Leadership
- Patient Care
- Quality Improvement
- Laboratory Oversight
- Oversight of Provider Credentialing & Enrollment
- Business Development
- Education & Research
- Commitment to Mission and PurposeRequirements:
- Licensure to practice medicine in the State of Indiana as a
- Requires a Medical Degree (MD or DO) with board certification
in the ABMS medical specialty and licensure to practice in the
State of Indiana.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years experience in a clinical
practice setting treating patients and at least 5 years of
progressive leadership experience.
- Requires experience working in a Federally Qualified Health
Center (FQHC) and must be committed to the values and goals of
- Requires DEA and CSR certification.
- Requires CPR certification.
- Requires knowledge of quality and performance improvement
methodologies and proven experience implementing a continuous
- Requires experience influencing provider behaviors and
partnering and problem solving with providers and administrative
- Must possess the ability to lead physicians and other providers
by example; see patients efficiently and timely; demonstrate strong
abilities to effectively use the electronic medical record; and
demonstrate the ability to work well with electronic health
- Requires experience with Ambulatory Joint Commission
- Requires academic interest and background.
- Experience with implementing, using, and training others in the
use of electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.PI201471161
Keywords: HealthNet, Indianapolis , Chief Medical Officer, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!