Meeting & Event Planner
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:Short's Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned,
women-owned, private corporation. We are sports travel experts
specializing in team travel, recruiting travel, group hotels, bus
charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic
departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other
travel management company. STM's mission is to enhance the
experience of getting there, being there, and coming home. When you
win, we all win!The STM team strives to drive innovation, provide
excellent service, and display teamwork, passion and dedication
throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with
clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and
maximize the value of our products and services.Mission:
Responsible for managing all aspects of NCAA meetings and events,
including contracting, planning, executing and reconciliation. This
position will be responsible for working with clients and client
groups to organize and coordinate logistics for internal meetings.
This position is on-site, located in Indianapolis, Indiana but will
be able to work a hybrid office/remote schedule.Outcomes/KPIs:
- Demonstrates proficient meeting and event planning knowledge,
skills and abilities specifically as it relates to the contracting,
planning and execution of all designated meetings
- Successfully plans events including catering and audio-visual
needs at hotels. Some on-site event management required.
- Learns and manages fully all areas of Short's Travel's
proprietary systems including meeting requests, hotel inventory,
rooming lists and registration.
- Collaborates in overseeing NCAA Conference Center, plans
internal meetings and works closely with vendors.
- Utilizes exceptional customer service capabilities: above
average listening, negotiating and communication skills, creative
thinking and problem solving, detail oriented with excellent follow
- Builds strong, productive relationships with NCAA staff, hotel
vendors, hotel sales managers, national sales offices, etc. to
ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a good team player:
cross-trained or is available for cross utilization, dependable and
reliable, is flexible with the ability to multi-task.
- We are a team at Short's Travel Management and as such, you may
be expected to assist in other departments or handle tasks outside
of your typical position scope for the benefit of our clients or
- Positive Mindset/Agile
- Detail Oriented
- People-centric Leadership/Advisory
- Objective Listening
- Collaborative/Ability to inspire trust
- Critical/Strategic Thinking
- Continuous Improvement/Open to TryPM
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience AND
- 5 years previous experience in event or meeting management,
hotel event services
- CMP designation a plus.
- Strong experience in hotel negotiations required.
- Flexibility to travel and/or work a flexible schedule (i.e.
non-traditional hours) as needed.Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook),
Teams, Delphi.fdc and Vivien
- Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and
analytical skills required.Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation/Paid Time OffShort's Travel Management is an EOE
employer.This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide
the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm
that you are authorized to work in the U.S.PM22PI202119263
Keywords: shortstravel.com, Indianapolis , Meeting & Event Planner, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!