Company: Hendricks Regional Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Scroll down for a testimonial of an associate working in Support
Services.Job Profile Summary:Provide a positive image of the
hospital and medical centers and other hospital owned or managed
facilities through maintaining and continually improving a clean,
orderly, immaculate and safe work environment. Supports and serves
the needs of all our customers: patients, associates, visitors,
physicians, volunteers, contractors, vendors, and public, by
performing non-clinical tasks in a professional and hospitable
manner.Job Description:Essential Responsibilities: 1. Housekeeping
- Apply seven-step cleaning process to maintain optimal
cleanliness and safety of assigned areas according to the Support
Services Policies/Procedures and Standards.- High dust-Sanitizing
and spot cleaning-Empty wastebaskets/Removing soiled linen/Change
sharps containers-Bathroom cleaning-Floor dusting/Vacuum-Floor
- Complete any unscheduled work as directed by supervisor.
- Replenish room supplies.
- Make beds and perform dismissal cleaning as assigned.
- Project cleaning of walls, windows, carpets, furniture, blinds,
cubicle curtains, etc.
- Deliver supplies, pharmaceutical supplies, and medical records
to Satellite campuses.
- Inspect areas assigned and work performed to ensure
cleanliness.2. Laundry/Pack Room Responsibilities:Clean linen
- Sort, dry, iron, fold, pack, store and distribute clean linens
to designated receiving areas according to applicable policies,
procedures and standards.
- Keep linen room/work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Conduct linen inventories.
- Maintain daily linen par levels by area by cart.
- Fill linen orders for satellite campuses.
- Document/report daily linen usage and orders filled via linen
- Monitor and maintain Quality Assurance tools/systems.Pack room:
- Inspect all surgical linens for holes, tears, and lint.
- Maintain linen life tracking grids.
- Mend or stamp linen as required.
- Perform liquid barrier test as required or as needed.
- Pack components as instructed per case specifications.
- Monitor and maintain Quality Assurance tools/systems.3.
Combined Housekeeping/Laundry Responsibilities:
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and report repairs
- Know and demonstrate the correct use of chemicals, supplies and
tools assigned.4. Minimum Performance Standards: Fulfill Hendricks
Regional Health Minimum Performance Standards, i.e. attendance,
orientation/training, departmental meetings, uniform, etc.5.
Support Services Department Standards: Use department standards as
guides to learning, performing, and evaluating work. Department
standards are vital to both individual and departmental performance
appraisal.6. Guest Relations: Demonstrate courtesy, compassion and
respect in interactions with all customers through good hospitality
skills and behavior.7. Legal/Regulatory Compliance: Protect the
welfare of patients and staff and support legal/regulatory
compliance by properly reporting any evidence of abuse, neglect, or
harassment, or any other questionable activities.8.
Confidentiality/Privacy: Protects the right to privacy for all
patients and/or Hospital associates.9. Teamwork: Support the goals,
objectives, and standards of the Support Services team by
maintaining an attitude of cooperation, collaboration, and
- Demonstrate awareness of unassigned and uncompleted
tasks/responsibilities and take initiative to complete them.
- Offer assistance to peer associates to complete
tasks/responsibilities in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Encourage/assist others whenever possible to improve job
knowledge and skills.
- Find and support ways for the Support Services team to better
utilize resources to deliver the best possible services.10.
Communication: Interact with others (both verbally and
non-verbally) in a respectful, dignified, professional manner.
- Keep supervisor and peer associates aware of needs as they
- Encourage others to participate in developing solutions to meet
- Eliminate uncertainty by seeking answers to questions from
- Does not participate, directly or indirectly, in the spreading
of rumors, which can be considered malicious or harmful to
another's integrity or character.11. Observe and report the need to
repair furniture, buildings and fixtures. 12. In case of fire or
other internal disaster or community disaster, perform duties as
assigned.13. Report safety concerns, unsafe incidents, and
associate injuries immediately to supervisor and completes the
electronic "Event Notification".14. Know and apply Material Safety
Data and Hazardous Communications.15. Know and apply Infection
Control Policy/Procedures.16. Know and apply Emergency
Preparedness/Safety Policy/Procedures.17. Know and apply Support
Services Policy/Procedures.Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.Education and Experience Required: 1.
High school graduate or G.E.D. preferred.2. Previous related
experience preferred.Work Shift: 2nd Shift (United States of
America)Scheduled Weekly Hours: 30
Keywords: Hendricks Regional Health, Indianapolis , PRN , Other , Danville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!