Enrollment Counselor, Specialist
Company: Western Governors University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
If you're passionate about building a better future for
individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to
working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU
as the next step in your career.Driven by a mission to expand
access to higher education through online, competency-based degree
programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for
a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The
university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century,
one that has received praise from academic, industry, government,
and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a
part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better
tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Job Profile Summary:The Enrollment Specialist position works
extensively in the recruitment and enrollment of students for WGUs
educational programs. Enrollment Specialists administer and
coordinate the full life cycle student enrollment process by
serving as the contact for potential and current WGU students who
have applied or have questions regarding the WGUs enrollment
process and programs.Enrollment Specialists identify and evaluate
students' goals, ensure enrollment requirements are met, and
establish proper expectations. Enrollment Specialists generate
excitement, build rapport, guide, and empower students to take
their next steps. Enrollment Specialists also provide outstanding
student service by answering questions, mitigating concerns,
providing program information, and monitoring students' progress
throughout the entire enrollment process. Enrollment Specialists
utilize multiple systems to track and report all student activity
and progress accurately.Essential Functions and
- Interact with students via telephone, email/written
correspondence to guide students through the entire enrollment
- Continued and multiple student contacts, including setting
appointments with students to ensure enrollment progress is
- Proactively contact and follow up with students via telephone
- Answer questions and educate students on WGU programs and
- Manage student applications throughout the enrollment process
by using best practices, including follow-up appointments and
- Establish proper expectations regarding the student experience
and WGU's culture.
- Evaluate students' academic goals to align with degree program
- Resolve students' questions and concerns, and guide students
throughout the enrollment process.
- Maintain a current understanding of WGU degree programs.
- Remain compliant with standards, guidelines, and policies set
forth by WGU and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Regularly collaborates and works with other departments,
including admissions, transcripts, financial services, and student
accounts, to ensure a streamlined enrollment process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skill and
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated human
- Will have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use a personal computer and Internet experience
essential. Capable of working remote web media for remote
communications and presentations.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate.
Is future oriented. Assesses what will help or hinder achieving
goals. Focuses on what is important.
- Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased
manner. Approaches conflict proactively. Solicits and shares
feedback openly. Listens with empathy and maintains composure.
- This individual draws on facts collected from a broad knowledge
of WGU's goals and processes.
- Corrects behaviors and communication styles to meet the needs
of a wide range of situations. Tackle obstacles appropriately and
is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done.
Actions are consistent with words. Follows through on commitments
and exhibits exceptional integrity.
- Displays commitment to the organization and personal growth. Is
self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others. Asserts
self appropriately to champion ideas. Tells the truth directly and
- Self-directs with a strong tendency for action. Leads the way
to improve performance or processes and displays a keen interest in
students and organization.Competencies: Organizational Impact:
- Tasks are accomplished by following a defined standard or set
of procedures to achieve day to day objectives with direct impact
on the area of specialty.
- The work is performed under moderate supervision and consists
of routine tasks that may require advice and guidance from more
senior personnel in the same area.Problem Solving and Decision
- Review's solutions and employs minor adjustments to work
methods to solve problems that are routine and typically exist in
current work processes and systems.
- May be required to highlight areas of concerns/problems and
offer potential solutions.
- Problems and issues faced are generally routine but may require
interpretation of procedures or polices to resolve.Communication
- Communication with contacts within the job area is typical, and
information that is provided or obtained may require some
explanation or interpretation to reach agreement.Leadership &
- May provide minimal guidance and assistance to new or entry
level employees.Job Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires basic knowledge of standards and processes within a
narrow scope of work.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to
prior work experience.Department Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong experience with distance education and distance learning
students is preferred.
- Must work set schedule with hours that may include evenings and
- Must have basic computer skills, including experience working
with Microsoft Office programs, navigating multiple software
programs simultaneously, and managing high volumes of phone calls
- Experience in a call center environment.Preferred
- Basic mathematical skills, strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree required or Associate degree with equivalent
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.#INDWGU #LI-ES1
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength
lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Keywords: Western Governors University, Indianapolis , Enrollment Counselor, Specialist, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!