Advanced Software Engineer - Java
Company: Hearst Communications, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write
Join the healthcare information technology team that's turning drug and medical device data into knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you'll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We're looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive. Committed. Willing and able to go above and beyond. Passionate about making a difference. Innovative. Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company's continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
First Databank (FDB) is currently seeking an Advanced Software Engineer in the Software Development department. The Advanced Software Engineer plays a critical role in the delivery of high quality products to the healthcare industry. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all essential functions to effectively design and construct modern software systems utilizing diverse technology sets while working within and across cross functional and geographically dispersed teams.
This position will be based out of the Indianapolis, IN office.
* Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of application software, and tier II support
* Codes, defines criteria, performs testing, debugging, and documents software functionality
* Understands and utilizes the methodologies, policies and procedures to support the use of inheriting objects and modifying base components to maximize development time and consistency
* Diagnoses and isolates application software problems; formulates and implements effective solutions considering system capacity, limitations, time requirements, and desired results in order to resolve system problems and prevent recurrence
* Estimates amount of work effort required to complete tasks
* Works closely with team members to understand IT business requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions that are in compliance with architectural blueprints and business strategies
* Knowledge of software development life cycles and the activities that occur within life-cycles
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Agile Development Methods
* Web Services Development
* Web Application Development
* Java JDK
* Major Relational Database Development / Management
* Microsoft Visual Studio
* SQL Server Enterprise Tools
* IntelliJ or other Java Development Tools
* VERY Strong Java development
* Experience with Spring
* Experience with Maven and/or Gradle
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Works well to collaborate with others within teams
* Experience in Healthcare IT preferred
* BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
* 2+ years of Software Development work experience
FDB is the leading provider of drug and medical device knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming medical knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that help improve patient safety, operational efficiency, and healthcare outcomes. For a complete look at our solutions and services, please visit www.fdbhealth.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. FDB was recently named as Best Places to Work in Healthcare 2021. Additionally, our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis have been awarded with Top Workplaces honors by The Bay Area News Group and the Indy Star, respectively, with honors awarded to our Indianapolis office starting in 2016 to 2021 (the Top Workplaces honors are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey by a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement). FDB offers competitive salaries and extensive benefits - including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please visit EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency, and FDB EEO/AA Statement.
Consistent with Executive Order 14042 and current Company policy, FDB requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as currently defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by Dec. 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. FDB will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write
Keywords: Hearst Communications, Inc., Indianapolis , Advanced Software Engineer - Java, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
here to apply!