IndianapolisINRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Indianapolis jobs

IN-DHS-Program Coordinator

Company: Abacus Service Corporation
Location: Indianapolis
Posted on: May 28, 2023

Job Description:

Engagement Type:

Short Description:
Program Coordinator for Public Assistance Program. Program is a FEMA program.

Complete Description:
Public Assistance (PA) Program Officer/Coordinator Job Description
The mission of Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) Grant Program is to provide assistance to state, tribal and local governments, and private non-profit organizations so that communities can quickly respond to and recover from man-made or natural disasters or emergencies declared by the President of the United States. Through the PA Program, FEMA provides supplemental Federal disaster grant assistance to account for various disaster recovery activities including debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement, or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly owned/eligible private non-profit facilities.
The PA Program also encourages the protection of these damaged facilities from future events by providing assistance for hazard mitigation measures during the recovery process. Reimbursements through the PA Program are subject to a cost share; 75 percent of eligible costs are reimbursed, and the remaining 25 percent is to be covered by the applicant, though FEMA may choose to issue 100% funding to applicants for eligible costs during specific disaster events.
After a Presidential Disaster is declared, the program coordinator will spend a considerable amount of time working in the FEMA Grants Portal system, which is a website where all PA grants are tracked and administered. This is a system that is used by the state, FEMA, and local applicants alike. Below is a list of common tasks associated with this system:

* SEE Question #7 under skills tab for complete description.

Required / Desired Skills

Required / Desired
of Experience

High school diploma.

Experience/exposure working with grants.

Strong computer skills.

Experience with Microsoft suite products.

Excel experience with building spreadsheets and using formulas, V-lookup and Pivot Tables.

Experience with managing a financial project portfolio.

Must be detail oriented with ability to manage multiple projects/funding separations.

Some college.

Keywords: Abacus Service Corporation, Indianapolis , IN-DHS-Program Coordinator, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Indiana jobs by following @recnetIN on Twitter!

Indianapolis RSS job feeds