Foreman - Crew Leader Arborist
Company: Lewis Tree
Posted on: May 28, 2023
You have a passion for tree work and growing your leadership
skills. We want to help grow that passion with career
opportunities, supportive leadership and a dedication to
We're the second-largest vegetation management company in North
America--- and always growing. But really, we're in the people
success business, we just happen to trim trees.
Who you are---
- Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe,
- Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not
afraid to get dirty, adventurous
- Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to "do what
- Adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
- Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive
constructive feedback, willing to speak-up What you'll do:
- Lead a tight-knit crew, creating and promoting a positive team
- Interpret tree trimming, removal and spraying orders initiated
by General Foreman or representative of the customer
- Plan and layout daily work for your crew. (Considering time
required to complete work, clean-up time, equipment available,
weather conditions, customer's permission, etc.)
- Perform a Pre-Job Hazard Survey at each job site with all crew
members and assigns work tasks based on an individual's knowledge
skills and abilities.
- Perform line clearing and tree trimming duties for Lewis Tree
Service's utility customers including pruning treetops and limbs,
trimming or removal of at-risk/damaged trees as well as removing
broken limbs from wires, roofs, etc.
- Climb trees and operate a bucket for trimming and removals in
and above the power lines.
- Prepare, operate and maintain all tools and equipment including
hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Remove limbs and brush, cleanup and dispose of debris.
- Mixing and apply spray chemicals, preserving desirable
- Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in and around
the working area. Enforce on-the-job safety practices. What you'll
- Two years or more experience working as a Trimmer/Climber,
working around utility lines.
- Ability to lead people including strong communication
- Knowledge of trees including identification, growth habits and
correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning,
repairing, maintaining and removing, as applicable to working close
to energized conductors.
- Experience in tree climbing, knot tying and PPE
- Understanding of drawings and symbols representing types of
lines, voltage, line equipment, etc.
- Ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of
50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.
- Capable of operating two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular
saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate
- Willing and able to obtain specialized training and
certifications as required, such as:
- Local, state and federal licenses
- First Aid and CPR cards
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and job duty skills tests
- Active Driver's License - CDL is a plus! We offer---
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health insurance plans
- Paid time off
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Retirement & savings plans options
- Employee assistance program
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer
committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and
employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or
harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed,
color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected
characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited
to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship,
promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all
other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's
practices and policies are administered in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: Lewis Tree, Indianapolis , Foreman - Crew Leader Arborist, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...