Machine Shop Foreman
Posted on: September 16, 2023
What we do
ISSI is a machine shop and engineering company on the southwest
side of Indianapolis. We have a building for CNC machining as well
as another building for manual machining, complete with a large
grinding room. We serve large and small customers from a variety of
industries. We are a job shop, and specialize in small quantity
orders, resulting in a wide variety of unique jobs.
About the job
As the machine shop foreman, you will be responsible for
supervising and managing the day-to-day operation of both the CNC
and manual machine shops.
This position will require a broad range of responsibilities to
ensure success. Some of these responsibilities are listed
- You will review daily production plans with the general manager
to ensure that deadlines are being met.
- You will work closely with the office manager, the general
manager and engineering.
- You will supervise 11+ machinists across the CNC and manual
buildings. This includes managing the day-to-day requirements of
the shop, disciplinary actions and resolving conflicts.
- You will assign machinists their job(s) and assist them with
any technical issues.
- You will manage the incoming stock and tooling by organizing
them based on the requirements for each job.
- You will manage both the internal and external routing for each
- When jobs are complete, you will manage the paperwork,
inspection and shipping processes.
- You will assess, train and coach other machinists.
- Experience as both a foreman and machinist in prior
- ERP experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Full time hourly position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Indianapolis, IN 46241: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
- manual and/or CNC machining: 5 years (Required)
- Machine Shop Foreman: 1 year (Required)
Equal Opportunity EmployerGroup is an equal opportunity employer,
along with all affiliated companies. Applicants will receive
consideration for positions, without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (except where sex is a bonafide occupational
qualification), sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other
classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: ISSI, Indianapolis , Machine Shop Foreman, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!