Childcare Attendant (Part-Time)- Excel Center West $500 SIGNING BONUS
Company: Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana
Posted on: November 17, 2023
A $500 signing bonus will be paid after 90 days of employment
The Young Learners Childcare Center (YLCC) is designed to provide
free, temporary, short-term childcare for the students of the Excel
Center until regular childcare is located. The YLCC is available
when students are studying on-site or are in class, and will serve
children up to age 12. The Young Learners Childcare Attendant
assists in ensuring the safe and caring management of all the
students entrusted to the center. The Attendant monitors students
in the center, serves snacks, and facilitates learning
opportunities for the students while in their care. The Attendant
assists in keeping parents informed of policies and procedures at
the center. Example Duties and Activities
- Facilitates hands-on interactive learning experiences working
with students directly.
- Assists in the registration process of students.
- Updates and ensures accuracy of student files.
- Maintains regular communication with parents regarding
services, enrollment, scheduling or routine changes, special events
for the students.
- Aids in achieving short- and long-term goals for the
- Contributes ideas for the development and facilitates the
execution of the curriculum and program activities.
- Participates in regular team meetings. Required Competencies
- Communication Skills - Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas
effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal
communication skills, as well as listening skills to comprehend
customers' needs. Delivers information in person, in writing, and
in a digital world.
- Customer Focus - Has the ability to see, comprehend and relate
with students and parents in an impartial, unbiased yet effective
and balanced manner; builds and maintains customer satisfaction
with the services offered by the organization; provides excellent
service to internal and external customers.
- Adaptability - Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major
changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively
to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or
- Teamwork - Works well with others and makes valued
contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist the team
or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Conflict Resolution - Anticipates, diffuses, and resolves
disagreements, confrontations, tensions, and complaints in a
practical and constructive manner in order to achieve results.
- Technical Knowledge - Has working knowledge of G Suite and MS
Office. Preferred Competencies
- Degree and Credential Requirements - Continuing education in
child development, early childhood education, or related field.
Child/infant CPR certified or willing to obtain.
- Industry Expertise - Has worked in a childcare setting.
- Safety Awareness - Recognizes the risks in activities, applies
the right measures to control and manage those risks, and ensures
all safety protocols are followed. Other Requirements
- Hard to Very Hard Physical Work - Is able to spend time in
excess of 8 hours sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling,
and crouching. Has the ability to move and lift up to 40
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Background Screening - The YLCC cares for some of our most
vulnerable populations, children. As a result, all candidates must
pass a pre-employment background check. Benefits: Goodwill offers a
competitive package of benefits even for part-time employment that
- Corporate wellness program that includes: an Employee
Assistance Program (EAP), health coaching and wellness discounts
(Weight Watchers, YMCA, etc.)
- Discount programs for phone carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
and 20% discount off Goodwill retail stores immediately upon
- Financial education programs- credit union membership and
access to online workshops
- 403 (b) and Roth retirement plans with availability for partial
company % match Goodwill Education Initiatives Goodwill strongly
believes it is essential to raise education attainment levels in
Indiana. Not only are the lifetime earnings of high school
graduates significantly higher than those of dropouts, children of
high school graduates are 50% less likely to drop out of high
school than the children of dropouts are. Goodwill provides
opportunities for adults (The Excel Center) and youth (Indianapolis
Metropolitan High School). The Excel Center Model The Excel Center
is operated by Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc., a
not-for-profit organization formed by Goodwill of Central &
Southern Indiana. Recognizing that nearly a half million
working-age Hoosiers lack a high school diploma, Goodwill opened
The Excel Center for adults in 2010. The Excel Center is a
tuition-free public high school for adults offering an Indiana Core
40 high school diploma. The Excel Center currently serves more than
4,000 students annually. Mission and Values: click here Goodwill of
Central and Southern Indiana is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana, Indianapolis , Childcare Attendant (Part-Time)- Excel Center West $500 SIGNING BONUS, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!