CDP Team Lead - Indianapolis, IN Outlet
Company: Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The CDP Team Lead works with the Manager, Logistics & Supply
Chain and the Outlets, Stores, and Transportation vendors to plan
and execute a variety of activities including the movement of
inventory between donation sites/locations and storage/processing
locations (e.g. Outlets and eCommerce), monitoring and balancing of
supplies and inventory between/among Outlets, and supporting
delivery of supplies and movement of inventory and supplies from
stores. This role is the main contact for Stores, Outlets, and
eCommerce, our transportation system providers, and the support
vendors. The CDP Team Lead is heavily focused on managing critical
Transportation, Logistics, and Supplies processes. Hours of
Operation: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday thru Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6
p.m. Sunday Example Duties and Activities
- Manages critical Transportation, Logistics, Supply Management,
and associated safety processes in a way that improves financial
spending efficiency, improves customer satisfaction from the
quality of service provided, and reduces associated safety risks
for internal customers.
- Integrates and represents Goodwill's Mission, Vision, and
Values to internal and external customers at all times. Ensures
every site has an exceptional customer service experience with the
CDP team. Maintains a positive culture of open professional
communication, immediate resolution of issues, and healthy
confrontation when dealing with peers, suppliers/vendors, and
- Demonstrates strong safety performance, including compliance
with all Goodwill and site safety requirements and practices.
- Conducts weekly audits for safety, inventory management, etc.
- Meets performance expectations and completes daily objectives
as defined by the manager, Logistics & Supply Chain, which can
include providing assistance to the Outlet Department Leadership
over the dock area. Performs various tasks such as managing trailer
inventory, managing trailer repairs, and maintaining trailer DOT
- Maintains contact with sites and drivers throughout the day and
ensures communication expectations are met.
- Regularly identifies process problems and areas for
improvement, and recommends improvements/solutions.
- May step in to assist with forklift driving in times of
staffing vacancies and/or during the training of new team members.
- Degree and Credential Requirements - Current Forklift Operator
certification or ability to obtain within two weeks of hire.
- Building Collaborative Relationships - Develops, maintains, and
strengthens partnerships at all levels with others inside or
outside the organization who can provide information, assistance,
and support. Is able to receive as well as provide feedback to
improve performance or processes; builds and maintains customer
- Communication Skills - Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas
effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal
communication skills, as well as listening skills to comprehend
customers' needs. Delivers information in person, in writing, and
in a digital world.
- Organizational Aptitude - Plans and attends to details and
pursues quality in accomplishing multiple tasks in an organized and
timely fashion. Exhibits careful attention to detail and
follow-through with a focus on managing deadlines.
- Technical Knowledge - Has proficient knowledge of G Suite, MS
Office, and Internet navigation.
- Adaptability - Adjusts priorities quickly in response to
frequently changing circumstances while maintaining a positive
attitude. Continually assesses tasks and responds to those
requiring extra attention. Foresees and seeks to avoid crisis
- Teamwork- Works well with others and makes valued contributions
to the outputs of others in order to assist the team or project to
achieve the required outputs.
- Safety Awareness - Recognizes the risks in activities, applies
the right measures to control and manage those risks, and ensures
all safety protocols are followed. Preferred Competencies
- Knowledge of Warehouse Processes - Possesses familiarity with
receiving, putaway, storage, picking, packing, and shipping to
ensure continuous efficient warehousing operations. Other
Requirements Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Background Screening - All candidates must pass a
pre-employment background check. Additionally, will submit to and
pass a 10-point drug screen pre-hire, during promotions, and if
- Hard to Very Hard Physical Work - Is able to spend time in
excess of 8 hours standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crawling,
and crouching. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reaches with
hands and arms. Can climb, balance, talk and hear. The employee
must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Can manage frequent exposure to
loud noises, outside weather conditions, and moving mechanical
parts. Will be occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles,
and toxic or caustic chemicals. There is a risk of electrical shock
- Visual Acuity - Has close, distance, peripheral, color vision
abilities, and is able to adjust focus.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Has no conflicts working a varied schedule beyond normal
business hours, including some evening, weekend, and holiday hours
with overtime as necessary. Benefits: Full-time employees may
participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development as well as
- Comprehensive health plan
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Sabbatical and parental leaves
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness
- Section 125 pretax health spending account, dependent care
spending account, and premiums
- Retirement planning options with generous company % match
- Eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
Mission and Values: click here Goodwill of Central and Southern
Indiana is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana, Indianapolis , CDP Team Lead - Indianapolis, IN Outlet, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!