Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job ID: 237597 Genetic Counselor Indianapolis, Indiana Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Genetic Counselor City, State:-- Indianapolis, IN Location:-- 8111 Township Line,--Indianapolis, IN Department:---- PBP Maternal Medicine 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time Days,--40 hours weekly About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: The Genetic Counselor provides genetic counseling to patients and counseling and coordination services for other screening programs. -- Responsibilities:
- Provides counseling and psychological support to patients and their families.
- Interprets complex genetic and laboratory data/test results. Communicates findings with physician.
- Assists patients with navigation of financial aspects associated with genetic testing.
- Assists with diagnosing genetic problems and develops short and long term genetic counseling plans.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified--Counselor--specializing in--Genetics.--Or Board eligibility obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Minimum Qualification: Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling by hire date to position. Work Experience:
- Preferred Qualification: Experience as a Genetic Counselor. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. -- If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. -- To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs -- To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. -- Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. -- -- -- The Spirit of Caring -- Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Indianapolis , Genetic Counselor, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!