Commercial Underwriting Specialist, Indiana & Ohio
Company: Hastings Mutual
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Hastings Mutual is currently looking for a Commercial Underwriting Specialist. The individual in this role will generate new commercial business by acceptance or rejection of commercial insurance risks based on Hastings Mutual product and coverage guidelines and maintain commercial business written to ensure profitability and growth.This is a remote-based (work from home) position with a territory focusing on central and northern Indiana and Ohio. Same-day travel throughout this territory will be required (company vehicle is provided) during the week. Ideal candidate locations include the Indianapolis, Fort Wayne or Columbus, Ohio metropolitan areas. Position Duties& Responsibilities
- Reviews, approves, and processes applications which are acceptable in relation to underwriting guidelines to achieve corporate premium and profitability objectives.
- Responsible for demonstrated understanding of all commercial products, pricing, and coverages. This includes interpretation and demonstrated understanding of authority level, guidelines, and additional underwriting resource material to achieve quality metrics.
- Responsible for effective and efficient negotiation/communication with the agency force, including making regular in-person visits to assigned agencies as needed to achieve goals.
- Trains and supports team members to achieve corporate and professional goals as a technical resource. Organizes, monitors, and reviews the training of others in the department such as new employees, U/W trainees and U/W technicians as needed.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient use of systems, personal development and communication skills to support overall corporate objectives. Candidate Requirements& Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree, formal Insurance education or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5-8 years successful Commercial Lines Underwriting experience; including experience participating in growth and development with new agency relationships.
- Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) or similar designation is required.
- Ability to perform occasional field and overnight travel within HMIC's six-state territory.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and adhere to Company Fleet Safety Guidelines.
- Demonstrated mastery in oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, self-planning, and ability to work with minimal supervision. About Hastings Mutual From our humble roots in 1885 providing coverage for windstorm damage, Hastings Mutual has evolved into a leading regional property and casualty insurance carrier, offering innovative products for businesses, farm owners, and individuals. We work with customers in six Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin). Hastings Mutual is known for its financial strength, high ethical standards, and a culture of service and responsiveness. Core to our ongoing success is our employees. Whether at the corporate offices in Hastings, Michigan, information technology office in Alpharetta, Georgia to our remote team members throughout the Midwest, Hastings Mutual is made up of talented professionals across multiple divisions and functional areas. Our commitment to our employees and work culture has been confirmed with our inclusion in the"Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in West Michigan" each year since 2011. Hastings Mutual offers a friendly, family-like environment that values transparency and approachability. We recognize the hard work of our employees with many benefits, including fully paid certification training, a cafeteria and fitness center at our corporate offices, ongoing professional development opportunities, and financial stability backed by our"A" rating from A.M. Best. We also have a long-term commitment to the communities in which we live and work, either through partnerships with local charitable organizations or through our own Hastings Mutual Charitable Foundation. At Hastings Mutual, we're always looking for professionals of all experience and education levels to help us continue our more than 130-year history of successful, stable growth.
Keywords: Hastings Mutual, Indianapolis , Commercial Underwriting Specialist, Indiana & Ohio, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!