Company: Eli Lilly and Company
Posted on: March 19, 2019
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.ResponsibilitiesEli Lilly and Company is committed to developing tailored therapeutics to provide improved outcomes for patients. In support of this goal, the genomics and bioinformatics group delivers biologically and clinically testable hypotheses based on systematic analyses of clinical and pre-clinical data. We achieve this through application of integrative approaches to genomics data to improve knowledge around the targets, pathways, and molecular basis and heterogeneity of disease; to help define patient sub-populations and predict how patients are likely to respond to particular treatments.Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team of scientists who are dedicated to delivering life-changing therapeutics to patients? Do you have a background in disease genomics and translational research in Oncology or Immunology? You will have the chance to gain a broad overview of our portfolio and help connect the dots from discovery to clinical. If you are passionate about contributing to the exciting research happening in Oncology and Immuno-Oncology, you are encouraged to review and consider this excellent opportunity with the Genomics and Bioinformatics team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams comprising of scientists from discovery research to propose novel targets supporting our early drug discovery strategies through analyses of functional screens, external and internal cancer genomics data.
- Propose, initiate, and implement computational strategies supporting target identification, prioritization and validation in cancer cell signaling and ImmunoOncology.
- Analyze multiscale genomics and molecular profiling data in cancer, lead and/or participate in experimental design, genomic data generation, analyses and visualization to influence selection of targets in areas such as cell cycle and signaling, cancer vaccines and immune modulation.
- Lead and/or participate in research relating to interrogating the molecular heterogeneity of cancer and resistance mechanisms based on genomics data from clinical trials. Collaborate with academic and medical experts to build internal knowledge of the molecular basis of cancer.
- Collaborate with other informatics scientists and statisticians around data analysis methods and automated workflow solutions and database creation. 48505BR Basic Qualifications
- PhD degree in STEM-related discipline or BS with 10 years relevant experience or MS with 8 years relevant experience
- Experience in computational or statistical sciences or bioinformatics with a strong emphasis on computational methods for genomic and genetic data analysis highly preferred Additional Skills/Preferences
- Experience in developing computational approaches in cancer target discovery in areas such as cancer vaccine targets or dependency / functional screens using crisper techniques is preferred.
- Expertise in managing, processing and analyzing data from one or more NGS platforms such as whole genome sequencing, exome sequencing, RNA-Seq, single cell sequencing, ATAC-Seq, ChIPSeq.
- Expertise with publicly and commercially available bioinformatics tools for NGS analysis and genetics and genomics databases. Experience with Mass spectrometry data will be a plus.
- Significant programming experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl or R and associated bioinformatics packages.
- Experience with high performance cluster computing queuing systems such as SGE or condor.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Good publication record in peer reviewed journals Additional Information
- The location for this position could be at our Indianapolis or New York.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis , Research Scientist-Genomics/Bioinformatics, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!