Staff Scientist I-Method Development- BioA
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Job Overview We have an exciting opportunity for a Method
Development Staff Scientist to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an
incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Join us & be
a part of this life-saving work! This role: Researches and develops
bio-analytical methods for quantitation of pharmaceutical compounds
in biological matrices using a variety of analytical techniques,
and in a manner consistent with current regulatory expectations.
The method development chemist supports multidisciplined studies,
generates results, solve problems, and interpret data of a
scientific nature. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Undertakes original research that includes developing and
confirming highly sensitive, reliable assay methodologies for the
rapid and accurate analysis of pharmaceuticals in biological fluids
- Performs complex analytical methods on biological matrices,
often involving problem solving situations.
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts,
techniques, and regulatory requirements in bioanalytical and mass
spectrometry studies and accepts leadership role in developing
- Acts as research scientist, in a team work setting, for
technical direction on complex bioanalytical and mass spectrometry
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc.
without neglecting other duties.
- Produces reports for reliable, sensitive, and validated methods
- Authors scientific papers which are published in peer reviewed
- Participates in client visits.
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Why People choose to
work at Covance? At Covance, it's our people that make us great -
it's what our clients, our partners and, most importantly, what our
employees say. Here, you'll have the opportunity to work with
extraordinary people with diverse viewpoints. You'll discover your
own outstanding potential as we build an even stronger organization
with industry leaders from early development to the clinic and
beyond. We help our clients develop medicines that improve health
and improve lives of their family and friends.
- PhD in chemistry or Biology, or equivalent degree, with 0 to 2
years of related experience. Relevant experience may be substituted
- Experience and knowledge of analytical instrumentation (eg
-ELISA, MSD, Gyros).
- Proven track record of analytical method development.
- Skilled in conducting research, compiling data, data
interpretation, and writing reports according to regulatory
- Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software
(WATSON LIMS), and Microsoft applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Experience
- Elisa, MSD
- 2-5 years developing methods to support regulated
Keywords: Covance, Indianapolis , Staff Scientist I-Method Development- BioA, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!