Posted on: October 13, 2019
Job Purpose What My Role Is Within the Company
HighPoint Digital, Inc.'s professionals focus exclusively on
helping government agencies and companies implement their most
critically strategic initiatives. The role of Instructional
Designer contributes to HighPoint through the design, development,
and maintenance of instructional material for job training
Essential Functions What Is Expected of Me in My Role
* Create and design new and refresher user-centric training
products and curriculum that are accurate, correct, flow logically,
and consistent with established quality standards.
* Collaborate with curriculum team to revise current training
products and curriculum on a regular basis to maintain accurate and
* Consult and work with subject matter experts and cross-department
representatives to implement innovations into training products and
* Create, document, and improve team processes, standards, and best
practices as needed.
* Manage multiple deliverables and timelines to adhere to the
established quality standards and processes, like Section 508
compliance, style guide consistencies, and other required review
* Participate in call reviews, test calls, and other quality
activities to ensure effectiveness of training products.
* Assist new hires with onboarding plan, tasks and shadowing as
* Maintain a current knowledge of design and development of
instructional materials, incorporating adult learning principles,
Blooms Taxonomy, Kirkpatrick s Levels of Evaluations, and other
instructional design concepts.
* Possess a knowledge of instructional design tools that include,
but are not limited to, Microsoft Office suite, Section 508
Accessibility Tools, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat reader, and
* Ability to conduct needs analysis, write instructional
objectives, recommend varied instructional models, create learning
solutions, and integrate measurement standards.
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills along with
sound presentation and facilitation skills.
* Customer service-focused approach to problem-solving.
* Ability to collaborate and develop strong partnerships across the
team, department, and organization.
* Attend team, curriculum, and client meetings as needed.
* Occasionally lead curriculum projects, including driving
leadership level decision/initiatives down to project teams.
* Lead key projects/initiatives.
* Select, modify, or create a design and development model
appropriate for a given project.
* Occasionally represent the Training team in presenting to the
client (e.g., presenting small segments of a formal presentation of
* Is viewed as a key contributor and a leader on the team to
achieve the overall goals of the training organization.
Competencies What I Need to Perform My Role
* Regularly seeks out guidance and the appropriate resources to
ensure that data is interpreted correctly at the product level.
* Able to apply/execute product development based on needs
* Able to effectively design a course.
* Able to write course objectives.
* Able to create effective assessment questions.
* Able to create appropriate activities.
* Capable of translating complex concepts and ideas and convey them
in a simple, easy-to-understand format and flow.
* Able to identify and recommend the appropriate method needed to
effectively deliver training.
* Evaluate and modify existing instructional materials to optimize
the quality of the instructional design.
* Continually seek out opportunities to be contributor to the
overall goals of the training organization.
* Provide feedback to leadership to help identify issues or
* Provide clear, timely communication regarding issues,
opportunities, barriers, and project risks to all levels and
groups. Should demonstrate a high level of competence in
identifying and adapting to various communication styles.
* Able to facilitate small group design meetings, focus groups,
client meetings, and other initiative meetings.
* Able to give and receive actionable feedback in a positive manner
at the product level regardless of stress level.
* Confident and competent to drive key decisions related to
* Able to effectively identify limitations and barriers at the
product level. Recommend and execute appropriate solutions and
work-arounds that effectively take into consideration the health of
the overall program/project.
* Actively seek out opportunities to try new processes and
* Accept changes to processes and environment.
Compliance What Is Mandatory of Me in My Role
* A minimum of monthly one-on-one sessions with your manager.
* Company-wide yearly trainings required.
* Yearly update of resume to aid in Business Development
* Role-specific training.
* Contract-specific training.
Qualifications What My Role Needs
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or four
years of instructional design and/or training delivery experience
* Experience facilitating training across multiple formats (i.e.,
Instructor led, Virtual) is preferred.
Physical requirements What My Role Requires of Me
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Frequent walking, standing, and sitting within the work area.
* Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
* Ability to effectively communicate.
Working conditions What My Environment Looks Like
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those of a standard office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The work environment is that of an office position with minimal
to high noise levels.
* This position requires working independently, as well as part of
* This position requires contact with others on a daily basis.
* This position will require regular and reliable attendance as
established by the supervisor.
* Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
* This position requires the use of all general office
Time requirements What My Schedule Will Resemble
* This is a full-time position with typical working hours.
* Additional hours on weekends may be required, depending on
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique,
differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market
peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused
culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our
peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience
(CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact
with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the
spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower
citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We
support and modernize our federal customer s mission critical
systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra
that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and
deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across
offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore,
Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual
Keywords: HighPoint, Indianapolis , Instructional Designer, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!