Foster Care Coordinator
Company: Choices Coordinated Care Solutions
Posted on: October 13, 2019
The Foster Care Coordinator position is responsible for the case
management functions of the caseload of foster youth and respective
- Reviews referrals of youth to determine if and where the
placement may occur.
- Communicates with the foster parent(s) to discuss the potential
placement of the referral, working in conjunction with the intake
process used by the state and division.
- With approval from the custodial agency, maintains contact with
primary family with a visit the same day as youth's placement, an
additional visit within 3 business days of placement, and no less
than monthly thereafter.
- Permanency, safety, and stability of the placement will be
discussed with the child (if age appropriate) and with the family
at each visit and documented.
- Coordinates home visits for the youth with all appropriate
- Discusses issues pertaining to the youth in care with foster
parent(s), youth, school, officials, biological parents, placing
agency and other appropriate parties involved with the youth
according to policy, regulations and best practice standards.
- Completes inventories of property for each youth and ensure
foster parents are updating inventories.
- Attends hearings and semi-annual review for all youth assigned
to caseload. Assists with enrolling youth in school and attends
Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings. Assures that health
care needs of youth are being realized including medical, dental,
vision and hearing as well as special needs. Provides after care
for 90 days or as required by contract.
- May provide Medicaid billable services to the youth with mental
health diagnosis; provides independent living skills that focus on
self-sufficiency through specific outcomes, such as obtaining
housing, job education or vocation training, counseling and
community networking; assist with the recertification process of
assigned foster homes on a timely basis as specified in the
applicable licensing requirements; providing outpatient mental
health case management services.
- Completes assessments as required by state rules, agency
policies, and/or contract requirements. Assessments may include
psychosocial assessments, Diagnostic Assessments Forms, and
independent living skills assessments.
- Prepares Individualized Treatment Plans (ISP etc.), DAF's and
Mental Health Individualized Services Plans according to
established time frames involving all appropriate parties as
required by policy and regulations of the state.
- Participates on an On-call rotation system as designed by the
division or state.
- Attends foster youth activities as schedule permits or required
- Attends required staff meetings within division, region and
central office and participates in committee meetings.
- Willingly completes other duties as assigned in an effort to
advance the mission of Choices CCS.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling,
psychology, sociology, child& family studies, or other approved
related field of human services.
- Minimum of five years of supervised, paid case work experience.
Two years of this experience should have been in an approved child
placing agency. One year of graduate training in a recognized
school of social work, including supervised case work in the field,
may be substituted for the required five years of supervised paid
case work experience.
- Demonstrated skill of writing treatment plans, case notes,
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in state of residence and
- Reliable transportation with an acceptable driving record is
required to meet the travel requirements of this position.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, and de-escalation
Benefits Include: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, 401k
Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Work from Home Wednesday's and a
generous PTO plan.
Pay range $38,000-$42,000
Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you a number
of benefits- a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements,
and opportunities for training and development. Help us strengthen
Keywords: Choices Coordinated Care Solutions, Indianapolis , Foster Care Coordinator, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!