Company: Miami University
Posted on: November 9, 2019
All candidates must apply directly on the Miami University hiring
portal at Applicant Review begins on October 11, 2019
The Regional E-Campus Instructional Designer will collaborate with
the E-Campus Leadership to advance online student learning
experience and collaborative partnerships that result in the growth
of high-quality online learning opportunities; using data-driven
best practices that promote student engagement and retention. This
is a campus-based position with responsibilities at Miami
University Hamilton and Middletown campuses. Responsibilities
- Develop collaborative partnerships with faculty and staff
through the development of online course(s) and programs that
demonstrate research-based perspectives to the art and science of
- Design and produce engaging and accessible course learning
experiences using in accordance with design principles (e.g.,
color, typography, image selection, visual communication,
- Demonstrate efficiency in managing multiple project plans,
maintain deadlines, track progress and performance to ensure
- Work collaboratively and advance partnerships with university
and campus committees
- Perform online and institutional assessment and research to
aggregate data into final reports to be used in the ongoing
accreditation, compliance, and initiative expansion
- Research, troubleshoot, implement and support on instructional
media and emerging technologies that benefit the university's
online teaching and learning priorities and promote student
- Coordinate training and ongoing communication and professional
development to ensure pedagogical best practices and student
success; continued professional growth and development of
professional design skill set(s) for online learning; other duties
- Produce technical written projects that are clear, concise,
appropriately detailed, and understandable by diverse audiences
using proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and language rules;
ensures consistent application of styles and established layout
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and department
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two (2) or more years of experience in instructional design,
graphic design, or curriculum development.
- One (1) or more years of successful teaching and/or
professional training experience applying learning theory and
pedagogy to develop instructional and assessment strategies.
- Proficiency in Course Authoring/Production Tools, Google Tools,
Microsoft Suite, Web-Based Apps, Mobile Technologies
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for the learner
experience, and dedication to quality.
- Initiate and prioritize work with exceptional project
management, organization, and productivity skills while advancing
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Cultivate collaborative team culture with advanced written,
oral communication and group facilitation skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills; adapt to new
technology and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strive to be challenged, innate curiosity for learning, embrace
change, adapt to new technology and work independently with minimal
- The position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
- Master's degree in instructional design, instructional
technology, or a related field of study.
- Two (2) or more years applying learning theory and pedagogy to
develop instructional design strategies with advanced use of
learning management system tools and production of online
- Online Teaching and/or training experience in K-12 or Higher
- Proficiency in Adobe, Articulate, Canvas, Camtasia software
- Utilization of project management software to manage
instructional design projects and meet deadlines.
- Quality Matters training and/or certification.
- Experience using and/or supporting accessible technologies;
knowledge of online learning regulatory and compliance agency
requirements including UDL, ADA, Section 508 compliance, FERPA, and
other applicable laws, rules, and regulations related to online
Keywords: Miami University, Indianapolis , Instructional Designer, Other , Middletown, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!