Posted on: April 10, 2021
Company: US0038 Sysco Indianapolis, LLCZip Code:46268Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: 0JOB SUMMARYDriver Helper will be
responsible for delivering orders to customers on time and in good
condition while maintaining a professional demeanor along with
using preferred work methods to perform the job safely and
successfully while satisfying the customer.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load and unload the truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by
use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Unload and verify all returning products with the appropriate
- Pad, stack, and secure items in position to prevent damage
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- May operate company non-commercial vehicle to deliver a product
to the customer as directed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Accurately count and deliver orders.
- Assist Drivers off-load products to customers.
- Able to lift up to 90 lbs. (Average case weight is 50
- Deliver food and related items to customers by unloading
product from trailer and transporting it to a specified
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform a job safely and participate in on-going safety
- Adhere to established work schedule and attendance standards,
and be punctual to work and meetings.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- Two-wheel dolly experience.
- Equipment operations experience.
- Able to count money and keep account of merchandise.Physical
DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs. and climb in and out of truck
throughout the dayThe above information on this description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by associates within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of
associates assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.BENEFITS INFORMATIONYou will be eligible for
benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or
following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance
with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits,
retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and
vacation. Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional
information on benefits.HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
Keywords: Sysco, Indianapolis , Driver Helper, Professions , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!